M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their injectors making noise when you turn the key on. When I turn the key on it makes a loud squeking sound when the injectors are priming.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Thats not the injectors my brother, that is the S.E.T. valve in the exhaust homing itself. Not part of the fuel system at all.

The valve helps control back pressure to the engine at low and mid rpm ranges to keep the torque high and let it come on fast.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
That being said, my dealer is replacing mine as part of the warranty. I suspect the new one will do the same though.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Its directly in the exhaust path from the cylinders.. thing gets mondo hot when the bike is running.. I doubt lube will do anything for it.. every M109 I've ever heard does it.. and quite frankly if I had to work in a place as hot as it does I'd freakin squeek too 8) :D

G

·
mmgraff said:
I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their injectors making noise when you turn the key on. When I turn the key on it makes a loud squeking sound when the injectors are priming.
It's not your injectors. The noise comes from the headlight flap closing and opening. :D

G

·
itsthatfast said:
It's not your injectors. The noise comes from the headlight flap closing and opening. :D
the reason I wrote this is because I'm tired of people thinking that the fuel injectors actually make noise. It's like something a mechanic would tell your wife so she's fork over $1000 to get it fixed. "Well, if you say my injectors are noisy I'd just better get them fixed. My husband will be so proud of me."

G

·
ya I'd have to agree its amazing what some wrenches will say to women, I've been down right floored on more then one occasion on what comes out of there mouths..... Dang!!! My new fun is making them explain exactly what they are saying breaking out the service manual and showing me step by step what’s going on, getting them to dig a hole so deep there is no way to crawl out of it without admitting they where wrong, then when they think I'm a complete moron ripping there explanation of the issue to shreds. I have to admit I don't know a lot about this bike but I'm a logical thinker so figuring out BS and the real stuff isn't that hard after asking about 100 questions. :evil: Its amazing how quickly they will trap themselves into a corner :evil: Its mean I know but hell you really can't judge a book by its cover ;) I a woman I can pull off the completely clueless look with amazing precision.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Exhaust valve my A$$. Did you feed the hamsters? Just stuff some food scraps in the end of you exhaust and the hampsters will scurry on up and get it. They should behave for the next few hundred miles. :joke:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts