M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to deal's gap, besides the obvoius, what else is there to see/ do?? :doorag:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Falconer, Thats a cool site, but I was also looking for some personal inputs from members familiar with the "Dragon"

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
steelfaber said:
So I'm going to deal's gap, besides the obvoius, what else is there to see/ do?? :doorag:
Take a trip to Cherokee...lots of shops...good leathers at cheap prices
and of course all the usual tourist trinkets...well worth a vist IMO.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, Just so you all know, We went - we saw- we froze our ASSES OFF!!!!  :(  Got there fri. nite, cold front blew thru sat. morning, flurried light rain/heavy fog (whatever) all day saturday. Temp dropped all day sat. and sun. We tried to ride sunday but anything over 10 minutes was painful, especially the frozen fingers!!  ::)  So--- we drove the dragon in the truck and saw the sites. Snowed on the mountain tops, state line park on 441 was FROZE OVER!!!!! The wife took a blue-jillion pictures - thats gonna sting ($$$ wise). But we had a pretty good time (on 4 wheels anyways). and planning to go back mid- May.                Thanks for the advice that I recieved (before we left anyways)

David  :bigthumbsup:  :doorag:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
steelfaber said:
OK, Just so you all know, We went - we saw- we froze our ASSES OFF!!!! :( Got there fri. nite, cold front blew thru sat. morning, flurried light rain/heavy fog (whatever) all day saturday. Temp dropped all day sat. and sun. We tried to ride sunday but anything over 10 minutes was painful, especially the frozen fingers!! ::) So--- we drove the dragon in the truck and saw the sites. Snowed on the mountain tops, state line park on 441 was FROZE OVER!!!!! The wife took a blue-jillion pictures - thats gonna sting ($$$ wise). But we had a pretty good time (on 4 wheels anyways). and planning to go back mid- May. Thanks for the advice that I recieved (before we left anyways)

David :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Six of us were a mere 30 miles away Freezing our buts off at 5000 feet on the Cherhola that same day!
When we were getting lunch a lady told us 441 was closed :bigthumbsup: We did about 350 miles that day.

Sledzep

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
steelfaber said:
The wife took a blue-jillion pictures - thats gonna sting ($$$ wise)
Don't tell me you're STILL using a film camera!?!? Man I'm on my 5th digital camera! No more developing costs! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
raw_taz said:
Just an FYI for everyone it was 82 here today and sunny. If that helps with the freezing posteriors.
Ok, you're officially despised.....Even from someone in the "usually" warm state of Alabama. Drizzle and low 40's here today....

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
'Cherry, digital is great for "E" applications, but I still like film clarity it enlarges better with less grain.
Sled- I looked for a "wad" of 9's all day to no avail, we did 441 'bout 3 pm. there was still ice on the road in the shade patches, the trees around the park were totally iced over, but there were people all over. definately not closed
:bigthumbsup: David

1 - 13 of 13 Posts