M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was in the left lane and had a red light and nobody in front of me.

Suddenly a big Dodge Ram truck come up to my right side in the right lane and the guy put his head out and say/asks Qoute; "What is that?"

I explain what "that" is :D, I say it is a Suzuki (+ a couple of other things) and he replies,,"Oh it is" and he just nods and smiles and then he say: "That's one heck of a bike, wonderful".

The local cop the other day just about asked me the same question, what "that" was and he first took me for a V-rod :yikes:, but then he said,,,," then I saw the size". :#1:

The size is important :D :D :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yeah, that happens alot...I had lot's of other bikes before but never had this many people asking all these questions before...I've had questions yelled from cars and trucks and one guy came running out of a fast food place to holler something to me about it...The funniest thing was when a cop pulled me over to ask me about it, that kinda freaked me out because I thought I was doing the speed limit...

·
Registered
292 Posts
I've gotten more attention in three months with my 109 , than I got in five years with my VTX1800C... :D

·
Registered
898 Posts
I use to get attention with my ZZR. Only had one person asked me about the 109 so far, maybe I am too scary looking :joke:

khrome

·
Registered
112 Posts
As I was riding down the highway yesterday, I just happened to look to my left at the car that was passing me. I see this guy with his face pressed up against the passenger window and he is looking at the bike like it was a naked woman or something. He continues to look until he can't bend his head back any further. I was going the speed limit so cars/trucks were passing me left and right. So I start checking out who was looking at me. I think it's a safe estimate to say that at least 30% - 40% of those who passed me were gawking at the bike like it was something from out of space. This bike is quite the attention getter. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Funny this topic came up....I was in the hobby shop today getting some stuff to support my other addiction, when a dude in a white Ford pulls up next to the bike and just looks at it. I watched him the whole time since someone once threw gum all over my M50 in a parking lot. He rolls his window up and apparently drives off.About 30 minutes later I stroll out and start putting my helmet on, when I hear a loud "Hey!" from the space behind me. It was the same guy, lol. He waited that whole time for me to come out....anyway, he wants one and says he'll have one by the end of the week, lol. I told him to go with black, since it's fastest. He also wouldn't let me leave until I started it and rode off in front of him...lol. This guy was truly in awe.... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
686 Posts
speed28 said:
As I was riding down the highway yesterday, I just happened to look to my left at the car that was passing me. I see this guy with his face pressed up against the passenger window and he is looking at the bike like it was a naked woman or something. He continues to look until he can't bend his head back any further. I was going the speed limit so cars/trucks were passing me left and right. So I start checking out who was looking at me. I think it's a safe estimate to say that at least 30% - 40% of those who passed me were gawking at the bike like it was something from out of space. This bike is quite the attention getter. :bigthumbsup:
I love watching people in cars as I ride by! I find it hilarious that a large percentage of the guys will stare at the bike, kids will gawk and wave, and wives will just roll their eyes at their husbands that are drooling.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Freaked me out on Saturday when a guy pulls up beside me going 35 MPH and ask, "what is it?" Don't know how the dude heard me since I was wearing full face helmet. Afraid that somebody is gonna run me down trying to look at the bike.........but the bike is a bad boy!!! I'd look too if I wasnt riding it.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Anyone besides me had someone follow them home to find out about the bike :eek: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
toneout said:
Sniffing glue?
+1 :bigthumbsup:

"Thanks for the Laugh"

G

·
toneout said:
Sniffing glue?
Actually looking at parts to rebuild my nitro motor...how many of you can say that you can rebuild a motor that runs on nitromethane on your kitchen counter for $50? That's what I thought... :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts