M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to find some nice roads to ride in South Ga.
Sometime soon I plan to head up 41 to Valdosta and then towards Moultrie, I will probably take roads I already know but wanted to know if anyone had any secrets they wanted to share.
I have some family around Sylvestor and Tifton but don't want anything to do with I-75
If you know of anything south of Sylvestor and Moultrie maybe you can help me out.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I've ridden through Albany-Moultrie-Thomasville several times but just on the main road (Hwy 33 & 35). I've also ridden to Reed Bingham State Park outside of Adel across the dam and stopped and rented canoe and paddled around for a side trip.

Maybe some of the Valdosta guys have some good local unknown roads that can chime in for you.

My only suggestion is to get on googlemaps.com and look for paved secondary roads with some curves. Click on the street view of some of the ones you find to see exactly what the road looks like and go for it.

If you have a GPS it's kind of fun to just ride in any direction, turn down any nice looking paved road and whenever you want to head back just let the GPS do the work and don't worry about it.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I've ridden through Albany-Moultrie-Thomasville several times but just on the main road (Hwy 33 & 35). I've also ridden to Reed Bingham State Park outside of Adel across the dam and stopped and rented canoe and paddled around for a side trip.

Maybe some of the Valdosta guys have some good local unknown roads that can chime in for you.

My only suggestion is to get on googlemaps.com and look for paved secondary roads with some curves. Click on the street view of some of the ones you find to see exactly what the road looks like and go for it.

If you have a GPS it's kind of fun to just ride in any direction, turn down any nice looking paved road and whenever you want to head back just let the GPS do the work and don't worry about it.
yep:agree: what he said, one of the biggest, best, most compelling reasons to have a GPS

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree about the GPS, but mine is splattered all over 441 north of Clayton.
I know the area pretty good, years of driving up to visit kinfolk but natives always know some cool places to go.
Thanks for the info, if I don't get anything good then I at least know that the Georgia backroads are nice riding anyways. I like to get away from crowds sometime and this would certainly fill the ticket.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Dog, Haven't seen you since Bike Week of 09. Why don't you time your visit and shoot up to Macon for our Ga. Meet & Greet. It looks like it's going to be the 7th of Aug., but it hasn't been officially annouced yet. If you can't work it into your schedule, just ride safe and have a good time. Are you going to Biketoberfest in October? Take care, John

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd like to make that ride but it's just a little far for a day trip. Tifton is a 150 and my buddy is coming from 50 miles further away, we just want a ride of around 350 for the day.
I will be in Daytona for Biketoberfest, not sure what day's, once again it will depend on weather, I've been there often enough that I don't need to get soaked to go over again. Hopefully this year will be good weather.
Thanks for the invite!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts