M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a sissy bar for a trip in august. All I can find is the one Cobra makes. Is there any other ones out there?? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
hellrazr72 said:
I need a sissy bar for a trip in august. All I can find is the one Cobra makes. Is there any other ones out there?? Thanks.
I went with the Corbin sissy bar which mounts to the Corbin rear seat. I got the sissy bar yesterday, very high quality. Still waiting on the seat. Check them out on the Corbin web site under new products. Pricey, but very nice. Also, do a search on the forum. Lots of people are having the back seat modified with a sissy bar from a company in Australia. There is some more aftermarket stuff out there, but they have ugly external mounting. Suzuki has one too but I think it's ugly fot the bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
1300+ bucks for seats and sissy bar? wouldn't a divorce be more economical? :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Not my divorce! Very pricey but nice. It's modular so you can buy just what you need and save all year for the rest! How do you use the little face icons anyway, all I get when I try to use them is symbols!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
721 Posts
bige said:
Not my divorce! Very pricey but nice. It's modular so you can buy just what you need and save all year for the rest! How do you use the little face icons anyway, all I get when I try to use them is symbols!!
I wonder... How hard would it be to buy the Corbin backrest, and adapt it to the stock seat??

  :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: <-- Make sure to use spaces between them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
I honestly think I am going to get the Suzuki one whenever they are ready. I wanted something I didn't have to bolt on seperate but then the more I thought about it I have to bolt on the rear seat anyway, what's another 4 bolts.

I think I'll always be a bit concerned about the "fall back" longevity of the one mounted into the seat as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Pr0wl3r-X said:
I wonder... How hard would it be to buy the Corbin backrest, and adapt it to the stock seat??

  :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: <-- Make sure to use spaces between them
I wouldn't recommend it. I thought the same thing, but looking at the Corbin back rest I got and the stock seat it just wouldn't be safe. I suppose it could be done, but very difficult to make strong enough. I paid $269 for the Corbin seat and to me it's worth the piece of mind. It's a pretty beefy back rest... I still can't use the face icons, I tried the spaces but still no luck. Any other suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Felix T Cat said:
I honestly think I am going to get the Suzuki one whenever they are ready. I wanted something I didn't have to bolt on seperate but then the more I thought about it I have to bolt on the rear seat anyway, what's another 4 bolts.

I think I'll always be a bit concerned about the "fall back" longevity of the one mounted into the seat as well.
I wouldn't worry too much on the fallback of the Corbin. It's very robust. I looked at the Suzuki one pictured on the M109 on their site, but just don't like the external mounting, it looks cheesy on the bike...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
hellrazr72 said:
I need a sissy bar for a trip in august. All I can find is the one Cobra makes. Is there any other ones out there?? Thanks.
I'm interested in this info as well. Is the Cobra listed on directlineparts available yet? Have e-mailed them and asked before on this board, but no answer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
SaintNick said:
Who are you buying the corbin seat and sissy bar from? And do you have the products item numbers?
I bought them at ccsaddlebags.com
They have the Corbin stuff at 10% off. The part #'s are on the Corbin site under new products (M109R)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
bige said:
I bought them at ccsaddlebags.com
They have the Corbin stuff at 10% off. The part #'s are on the Corbin site under new products (M109R)
Can you provide a link? I can't find any link at all to "new products" :(
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top