M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow 9ers,

So, my bad luck continues....I hit some kind of wooden box while riding this morning...no visible damage to anything until I stopped. Coolant was leaking everywhere...put a small hole in my radiator. I took it to a radiator shop who said they can repair it with epoxy, but due to it being aluminum he said it will leak again eventually. I am getting repaired to get me back on the road for now, but would like to get a replacement to change out so I don't have to worry about leaks. If anyone has a radiator that they would like to get rid of I will take it off your hands. Just PM me and let me know how much you want for it. I have had a ton of help from people on this forum, so I hope someone can take care of me again. :D I will put a WTB thread in the 4 sale forum also.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Pm Rainey5230. He might be able to help you out on a new radiator.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Rainy's rad is apparently better than the stock rad. If I had to replace mine I would definitely go with his.

Nathan

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
its thicker isnt it??

is that the only difference?:dontknow:
I think you're right pynikal. The fins may be separated a bit more as well. I'm sure Rainy could explain it. He did a few tests using his own bike (not closed or scientific but reliable enough) that showed the rad was at least 5 degrees (Celsius) cooler than the stock rad. Don't quote me on that though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much are his radiators?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,037 Posts
How much are his radiators?
He sells them on ebay too, under the same name he uses here. Search for M109R Radiator and they should pop up. I think they are $450 plus shipping from Taiwan. And knowing Rainey, they are top notch.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
He sells them on ebay too, under the same name he uses here. Search for M109R Radiator and they should pop up. I think they are $450 plus shipping from Taiwan. And knowing Rainey, they are top notch.
Agreed! Rainey is top notch on everything that he does. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sent Rainey a pm...prob is my budget for the 9 is all but gone. I just finished dumping quite a bit of money into fixing my tranny, and I can't afford a new one even though that's what I'd like. I'm really just trying to find someone who has an extra stock one that would sell me one cheap. BTW...the repair is already leaking, so I need to get something done fast.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts