M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a bolt I can purchase that mounts inside the cavity on the rear axle bolt for mounting my side mount license kit? I have seen the bolt that comes with the kit from cycle house but I need just the bolt.
Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Does anyone know of a bolt I can purchase that mounts inside the cavity on the rear axle bolt for mounting my side mount license kit? I have seen the bolt that comes with the kit from cycle house but I need just the bolt.
Thanks, Paul
all you need to do is go buy a 7/16 threaded rod at your local hardware store and a crome acorn nut and a lock nut and a new cotter key cut the threaded rod 17 1/4" long and install works great!!! Good luck!! easy mod and looks great when your done!! use the acorn nut on the plate bracket side and the lock nut on the other when you have it all tightened up droll a 1/8" hole into the rod lineing it up with the casal nut and installing the cotter pin and your done!! Hope this helps you out!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate it...

all you need to do is go buy a 7/16 threaded rod at your local hardware store and a crome acorn nut and a lock nut and a new cotter key cut the threaded rod 17 1/4" long and install works great!!! Good luck!! easy mod and looks great when your done!! use the acorn nut on the plate bracket side and the lock nut on the other when you have it all tightened up droll a 1/8" hole into the rod lineing it up with the casal nut and installing the cotter pin and your done!! Hope this helps you out!!
But this is beyond my skill-set,I'm really not much of mechanic. That's why I bought a Suzuki
and I'm not quite sure we are on the same page.
Paul

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
here is a couple pic of both sides of the rod I have my 9 apart right now but mybe this will help pm sent too

If you still can not figure it out I can make you up one and send it to you!! pm me let me know

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
You can use this if you have a thick plate. If the plate isn't thick enough you can add some washers to make up the difference.

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6276&str=290

Dunno about that??? tried that setup with the Bikers choice sidemounts DLP sells and the bolt was too short!!
I've never tried that one myself bro, so I can't say what all it works on. The last one I did I made myself with two short pieces of pipe on a bolt, and a thick O-ring between the two pipe sections. When you tighten the bolt down it pulls the two pieces together and squishes the O-ring out to hold it in place inside the axle.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
I think that one attaches to the unused hole above and to the front of the axle, where a shock would normally mount. The ones that go in the axle have a way of expanding to fit, and that one doesn't.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think that one attaches to the unused hole above and to the front of the axle, where a shock would normally mount. The ones that go in the axle have a way of expanding to fit, and that one doesn't.
ok cool

·
Registered
180 Posts
DLP one in action... here nice and easy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts