M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going to the IMS Motorcycle shows over the next three weeks?

I will be attending the Washington DC Show this weekend, NYC show the following weekend and then Cleveland, OH the last weekend of the month. If anyone's going to be around come by our booth and say hi. Our Marketing person and I designed a new Motorcycle riding guide for our area. I came up with some cool rides. Veterans ride, Covered Bridges ride, Out and Back, Scenic Views Ride and Nothing but Curves ride.

I've been working hard over the last two years trying to convince my boss that there is a demand for great places to ride. She's come around a good bit. She at least let us produce this brochure and attend these shows with the State and Mountainfest.

If you wanna shoot the breeze and are coming to the show, stop by and say Hi. I'm with Greater Morgantown, WV.:bigthumbsup:

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I went to the one in Meechigan last weeked. Suzy failed to bring their fleet of bikes. No Gladius, No M50, no M90. One M109, one S40, a fw GSXR's and a Vstrom...That's about it...Honda was a bit better, Yamaha the best and Kawi was decent too. HD was there as well, but that was about it. No Ural, No Motoguzzi, No BMW, no Ducati....The show has declined the last few years badly...I was sorely disappointed..:confused:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Oh Damn, didn't know this was going on this weekend. Not sure if I can make it or not. It will be Sunday if I can. If I do, I'll be sure to look for your bike.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
why dont they do these shows in more places??

id love to go to one but dont have time to drive to chicago.....

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
why dont they do these shows in more places??

id love to go to one but dont have time to drive to chicago.....
This will be our first time participating in these shows. I'm not planning on bringing any bikes, but that's not to say that Mountainfest isn't. If they did though they'd be Harleys since the main organizer of the all makes event is the Harley Dealer.
The reason why our state does the eastern ones is because of the drive time to get here. If I remember right it's something like 10 hours to get here from Chicago so that's a little long for our reach right now. We are wanting to try the area around 1 -6 hours and see if people have interest in visiting. If it works and people start coming then our area might venture out into other shows on our own. This is a good start.

FuturR...I'll be in Chicago in August so well have our beer there. I have another conference there this year. Funny enough I'll have another conference in SanJose...I'm hoping to get to see Halfdome when I'm out there. Maybe I'll even get to meet YourHero. As many people know on here, When I travel around the country I always try to meet up with a couple people from the board or I'll post a thread on their state board saying I'd be in the area if anything's going on. Louisville was the first place I was at twice last year that I didn't see anyone. I did however see two 9's. One parked at 4th street live that I put my card on and one went in front of our groups' walk to the new basketball coliseum. I think it's cool to get out and meet the people from the board in person. It's puts a face with a name on here and allows me to meet some great people across the US. I hope the other guys that travel do the same thing. It has been very rewarding.

Side note. I'm also supposed to be in Houston in May and Norfolk in June. (OMG!! I just realized...I hope this isn't during the Mid Atlantic meet. Sh&T...gotta check that:eek::eek::eek::eek:) Oh thank God!!! It's the first week of June....I should be at the meet.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Bike Show

Be there on saturday A.M. with a few other 9ers.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I will be at the NY show on Saturday. If those attending sees anyone wearing the colors below, please ask for me. I would love to meet folks from this forum.

Liz

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Huff, what is your booth?
"WV State Tourism." You'll see Mountainfest, State of WV and Greater Morgantown CVB.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Will there be strippers & lap dances at your booth? :-*
Another friend of mine made that comment, but I told him as I tell you. If you want that you have to move to WV and elect me Governor. Then...We'll see.:D

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The show went really well in DC...There was an awesome 109 custom right at the front of the show. I'll post it here, but not sure it will show up cause it's in FB. If it doesn't I'll upload it here tomorrow.

It apparently won something cause I saw a check with the owner's name on it for $3000.

We had a great time talking to everyone. I took 1000 brochures of my planned routes and that was double what the commissioner told me and I could of been out of them the second day if I would of kept handing them out and talking to people about them. WV has become VERY motorcycle friendly over the last 4 years. Here is a downloadable brochure of what I took to the show. It's rides in Northern WV, with maps and interest points. You have to scroll down for the brochure. I'm getting the language changed on the page where it links to our main page. I think it confuses people into thinking that's the brochure.
www.tourmorgantown.com/ride

Let me know if you like it or not. we only printed 3400 in this batch and I need 6,000 if DC was any sign.:eek:

Jason Britton was there doing his show and WOW!!!! I've seen many shows but WOW!!! I actually road up on the escalator with him before the show started. He was a super nice and respectful guy!

I didn't get many pictures at this show, but NYC we'll get a bunch.:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
That's a great looking bike, no wonder they won something for it. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

Downloaded the brochure and I'm sure we will hit some of those areas this summer. It's great having some new destinations. Don't care where they are, just need a place to point the bike. Great job putting it together too, I like the way it lays out the routes and details what each point of interest is.

BTW Ben, whose red 109 is that parked below the viaduct on page 17? :D

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
That's great Ben, GOOD job,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I look forward to when you get to the left coast north area LOL

·
Registered
108 Posts
The show went really well in DC...There was an awesome 109 custom right at the front of the show. I'll post it here, but not sure it will show up cause it's in FB. If it doesn't I'll upload it here tomorrow.

It apparently won something cause I saw a check with the owner's name on it for $3000.

We had a great time talking to everyone. I took 1000 brochures of my planned routes and that was double what the commissioner told me and I could of been out of them the second day if I would of kept handing them out and talking to people about them. WV has become VERY motorcycle friendly over the last 4 years. Here is a downloadable brochure of what I took to the show. It's rides in Northern WV, with maps and interest points. You have to scroll down for the brochure. I'm getting the language changed on the page where it links to our main page. I think it confuses people into thinking that's the brochure.
www.tourmorgantown.com/ride

Let me know if you like it or not. we only printed 3400 in this batch and I need 6,000 if DC was any sign.:eek:

Jason Britton was there doing his show and WOW!!!! I've seen many shows but WOW!!! I actually road up on the escalator with him before the show started. He was a super nice and respectful guy!

I didn't get many pictures at this show, but NYC we'll get a bunch.:bigthumbsup:
I went on Saturday. Sorry I'm just now seeing this post. I would have stopped by. I actually talked to the guy who built the bike in your picture. He had this bike on display at Coleman's in Woodbridge the day I bought my bike. He does pretty good work.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts