M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anything on the market to keep bugs from becoming a permanent fixture on my bike? no matter where i go i have to take the interstate, and high speeds in sd = "BUG SLAUGHTERFEST" any ideas will be greatly excepted.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
ride slower....... ;) LOL they wont spatter as much.... :bigthumbsup:

from one fellow south dakotan to another.... :D Born and raised in Sioux Falls, SD... Family and daughters still livin there....

Ride Safe!

O and a good coat of wax.... helps

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe i could learn to ride backwards. :D at least bugs are nutritious

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been using Plexus to clean the bugs and grime off my windshield and bike. Makes easy work of the bugs and does not streak. I discovered this through my dad who was a helicopter pilot. They found that this worked best. Last can I bought was at Cycle Gear. Kind of pricey at $13 a can, but better than anything else I have found.

·
Registered
461 Posts
If the bike is spotlessly clean you are NOT riding.:D Although, if you trailered the bike it would be covered in bugs too, only not as much.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
If you have some good wax on there you should be able to take some Quick detailer spray and wipe them off after each ride. Should only take you about 5 minutes to wipe the forward facing parts of the bike effected by the bugs.

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
:agree: I have never used anything else 2 clean WhiteStar since I bought it in 2007...Honda spray is the same product...its works on everything, even your helmets face shield. Just make sure you use a clean micro cloth for each part...paint, plastic, wheels, etc.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
If you have some good wax on there you should be able to take some Quick detailer spray and wipe them off after each ride. Should only take you about 5 minutes to wipe the forward facing parts of the bike effected by the bugs.
:agree: I keep a good coat of wax on my 9 and they clean right off for me unless i get lazy and let them bake on in our South Dakota sun!! then It takes a bit more time but not much I use Ice wax from Turtle!! and then inbetween waxes I use Wizard detailing spray!! ausome stuf!!

Did you get your bones installed yet??

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Honda's spray works good. I was at the body shop the other day & my friend told me about Lucas Oil Slick Mist. You can get it at the part store $8.00. It will make the bugs come off very easy. I use it on everything. Works great,

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
I've found the sooner you can get them off the better. I clean mine right after the ride and use either Meguiar's quick detailer or some new Lucas detailer I just bought.

I also quit using micro fiber towels after reading on a detailing website that it will scratch polished aluminum. They recommend using old sweatshirts because of the way the material is woven. And not everything that touches it sticks to it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Keep the bike waxed and hit it with Pledge before goining on a ride. Works for my neighbor he has a full dressed Harley just sprays the Pledge on a rag quick wipe and down the road he goes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts