M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now received my two new Metzlers!!!!!

160 up front and 260 in the rear!!!!

Hooray!!!!!!!:a18::a18::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

I'll post more later about what has lead me to new Metzlers,but let's say...no more Dunnies!!!! Avons maybe...I'll let you know on the Metzlers!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Awesome, Huff. I ran those and I loved them. I switched to a 250 dunnie rear to check out the mileage difference. I"ll be back to a metz 260 when this one wears out. I don't like the Dunlop. I don't hate it, but I'm more comfortable with the Metzeler.

-Josh

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the support Gottatooz!!! At least I know I have one friend around here to share in my happiness.:bigthumbsup:

Everyone else, I reply congrats to your "Yeah! I clipped my toenails" threads and "Now my wife thinks I'm a big boy, cause I got a 109 finally".... Don't worry about sharing in my joy.:verymad:

That's it! I'm taking my toys and going home!:':)':)'( You're not gonna ruin this for me!
:pop::joke:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,086 Posts
I'm happy for you bro, and I'd like to see pictures of that tire wear you had.

Congrats on the new tires. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
that video was freakin awesome! Help! We're stuck on escalator.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Metzlers

I got the exact same ones. I've been riding on them for a week now. They're fantastic.

Smooth ride, light steering, quiet. Quicker stops. Doesn't catch grooves in the road.

The rear tire is also a little rounder, so it doesn't have that sharp tipover threshold.

Big difference from the Dunlops.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I have the same Metz tires, you'll love them. For those w/ these Metz, what pressure are you running? Following the guideline on the tire? Thx

·
Registered
893 Posts
:congrats: Just in time to have them installed before you put some miles on them at the VA meet. See you soon

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm running a Dunlop 250 and as soon as this one is wron I want to go to a 260. I was not sure what maker to go with but after reading all these good reviews on the Metzler I will go with that. I can't wait...

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone. After resting all night and some rain I feel better.:D

I swear that when they arrived, they were warm to the touch from being in the UPS truck and they felt so soft and sticky. I bet that if I would of thrown them against the wall they would have just stuck to it!:eek:

Zoom that's exactly what I was wanting to do. The only thing I could do is to make a curved pattern from the metzlers then place it against the dunnie to effectively show the wear. I have to take a pic of some other parts tonight if I get back from this conference soon enough. I wanted to do it last night but didn't get back till 11 from getting hay for the horses. Everyone knows that's past my bed time!:eek:

I had just bought those tires before last year's meet. I could ride well at the meet but towards the fall the corners felt sloppy and like the bike never wanted to track properly. Not to mention that the Dunnie felt like I greased it up before every ride. It took forever to get hot and stick to the road. I'm hoping these will be the cure. I couldn't even keep up with Tiny71 riding up to bike night in Pittsburgh last week and we all know how slow he is.;):eek::joke: Oh sh$t! gotta run. He's gonna whoop my a$$!

Thanks for the replies...I feel loved now.:redfaced:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

Hooray!!!!!!!:a18::a18::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

I'll post more later about what has lead me to new Metzlers,but let's say...no more Dunnies!!!! Avons maybe...I'll let you know on the Metzlers!:bigthumbsup:
Ben, Sorry I can't get excited for you. WV must be quite boring for you to get all worked up over new tires. Maybe you need to start spending more time on your bike instead of on the keyboard. :joke: I'm on my third rear Metz since I met you last June. Guess there is something to Tom Owens sig about "Yamaha Vmax keeping tire companies in business for 25 years". Getum scuffed up as you only have about 20 days before we put them to the test. Wolf

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ben, Sorry I can't get excited for you. WV must be quite boring for you to get all worked up over new tires. Maybe you need to start spending more time on your bike instead of on the keyboard. :joke: I'm on my third rear Metz since I met you last June. Guess there is something to Tom Owens sig about Yamaha Vmax keeping tire companies in businss for 25 years. Getum scuffed up as you only have about 20 days before we put them to the test. Wolf
Tooche Wolf:D If I could quit this job it sure would help with the riding time.;) I've only been on the bike 4 times so far this year. Wife took a new job as "Goddess of the Hospital Retail Pharmacy" not to be confused with "Sataness of around the house.":eek::joke: which allows me to take the kid to school every morning and pick him up in the evening. I wanted to use the 9, but the cops around here got mad when I had a 2 yr old strapped on my back.:dontknow:
The other reason was because I was about half scared to ride it due to the lack of control I felt with these tires. That's why I'm excited. I'll finally be able to ride with confidence in my bike again.:a18:

See you in Virginia buddy!:bigthumbsup:(Oh! and It has been about that boring around here :doh: Even the horses are bored.:redfaced:)

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright guys here's the best pics I got.
And David I'm very sure YDGAF!:D:joke:
Dunnie...here you can see how the left side is wore loads more than the right side. I must have been driving nascar and only making left turns. An angle goes across the tire to the hump on the right. there's also a huge flat spot in the middle. The best way to show it would be to do a cut out of a tire then lay it across tit, but I don't have that kind of time.

Here's the new metz

I tried to get a side by side but couldn't. Maybe when we take it off I can.

Here's a fun picture we took. BTW...It's the first "thumbs up" he's ever made.:D

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I run the same setup...You will LOVE them! They out perform the stock tires and the bike handles much better! Worth paying a little extra for!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Going up on tire sizes???

Thanks for the support Gottatooz!!! At least I know I have one friend around here to share in my happiness.:bigthumbsup:

Everyone else, I reply congrats to your "Yeah! I clipped my toenails" threads and "Now my wife thinks I'm a big boy, cause I got a 109 finally".... Don't worry about sharing in my joy.:verymad:

That's it! I'm taking my toys and going home!:':)':)'( You're not gonna ruin this for me!
:pop::joke:
How big can u go on the rear tires without modifications to swingarm?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts