M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up? I'm looking to change the stock turn signals, I like to "tube" like one that attaches to the bottom of your fender. where did you get them and was installation easy? Also do you have something different as far as turn signals? If so please show me.
Thanks to all

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Yeah, they're proud of their stuff and the price shows it. I bought my LED's at AutoZone. 2 12" strips for $20. I made my own bracket and put 2 sets on. They come with 3M double-stick tape already on the backs. They come in red, yellow, white, and blue. Yellow is the least bright color, so I went with red for the rear signals.

-Josh

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what did you do spice the wiring? and the blink ratio is still the same? as long as they blink i really dont care how fast or slow

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I bought my bike used, so someone had already hacked into the turn signal wiring with on of those "Clear alternatives" tail lights. But yes, I just used some male and female spade connectors and wired them up to the turn signal wires. They blink a little bit faster than stock, but they aren't like a strobe light.

-Josh

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I put these on yesterday

Autozone $17 I think it was and they are bright. Just cut your blinker wires and butt connect these in. I installed mine on that little lip we have at the back cowling/fender we have. They blink fast afterwords, because they hardly draw any power and the system think the rears are burnt out. I had to install a 3 ohm resistor inline on each side to restore stock blinking. They blinked to dang fast without them. I bought the resistors from Cycle barn. They were $17 as well.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...S&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=60051_0_0_

Just go into an autozone and save shipping.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok I think that I know what I'm doing tommorow night. I will post the pics as soon as i'm done. Guys Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts