M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone moved the ignition switch to a different location? I find the location on the left, by the heads to be a bad area because of heat and the scratches the keys leave on chrome surfaces. Does anyone know if it is possible to place the ignition in the dash assembly?

Reed

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm with you oldfart. :bigthumbsup: Definitely a bad location. Took a while to stop looking for the key slot up on the bars like all my other bikes. And yes... Relocating the switch may be easier than you think. It's held on by one bolt and I think it only has two or three wires.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
if you wear jeans the SINGLE ket fits perfect in the change pocket and then you have no problems with scratches.
Thats where I carry my key (no key ring) :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
gsxr150 said:
Yeah I like it, but they should have put that on the RIGHT side so you can hold the clutch and shut her off. (I suppose I could use the kill switch but)
Simply push the kick stand down while you are holding the clutch. The bike will shut off and you can release the clutch and turn off the key.

mania

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mixing grades of gasoline should solve this problem. As an added bonus, in 5 years you will save enough money for a trip to Burger King! :joke:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts