M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just came back from a ride,i noticed that when i turned the key on and hit the handlebar switch there was a squeeling noise sounds like brakes squeeling but only does it when i turn the red switch on,just started today first time i heard it. :dontknow:

anybody have this prob or can tell me what it might be :doorag:

·
Registered
70 Posts
yep i sure do, that is your s.e.t valve going back to the normal position,,,that is the valve between your pipes the controls back preasure and keeps them equilized,, i think in time,,all 109 riders will hear this,,,its normal !!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Cool, I had always wondered what that little squeal was. I thought it was probably normal but had no idea.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
You know now that you mention that noise I had it when the bike was new, but I don't here it now (4500mi) ....... either it went away or I'm just that used to the sound I don't hear it anymore :dontknow:

G

·
It's just about the only thing I hate about this bike ya know? Someone wants to hang out by the bike while you start it up, then here comes this stupid squeal, lol....

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks everybody. :bigthumbsup:

ride safe and keep the rubber side down :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
106 Posts
wow, i learned something to

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Mines been squeeking since day one.. Told my neighbor it was the mouse winding up the starter motor.. He's only 5 he got a kick out of it.. then jumped like something stung him when the bike cranked over.. Never actually knew a kid COULD grin from ear to ear.. Think he'd gonna be a biker for sure when he grows up! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts