M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some help!!! does anyone know were this wire is located and what color it is??? the ignition control/engine wire!!

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
That could actually be one of several possible wires.

The ign coils are all fed by the same wire (orange/white trace) but each has it's own grounding wire going back to the ECM so there are 4 of those.

There is also the main wire that comes out of the ign switch that turns on the ECM, that's orange/yellow trace.

Then you have the engine stop switch that has an orange/black trace and orange/white trace.

I dunno if that helps. Maybe if we knew a little more about what you need to accomplish then it might be easier to track it down.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am installing a scorpio i900 alarm i am trying to hook up the ignition disable/anti hijack there are two wires i have to connect in series to disable the engine. it says i have to cut the ingine/engine control wire. i looked at the wireing diagrahm and couldn't tell what wire is what!! any help is very greatful

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Then you could tap into the wires at the run/stop switch. That will prevent it from starting or even being able to turn over.

Or you could go for the ECM power wire. They might be able to turn it over but without power the ECM wouldn't allow it to fire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts