M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is kind of how my day has been, I get to the end of a project and I hit a road block. :realmad:

Everything was going fine till I went to put my heat shields on and that's when I found that the top pipe is too long and is nothing like the picture. :confused:

The back set of pipes comes in a separate box and the part numbers are right but I think it's the wrong part. The bottom pipe and shield are fine so I think I'm just going to rework the top pipe and deal with Cobra on Monday.

I just wanted to let you guys know that you better check the small box out first before you take your bike apart. ::)

Their picture



My picture


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
898 Posts
maybe i am stoopid or not thinking clearly but looks like they sent you the long pipes in this pic and the slashdown tips...



khrome :confused:
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More info.

The two back pipes that are welded together are
part number 95-8728
MFFLR SET, SODSTR S/D M109 W/CORES
This is the part number on the box.

The piece I got has
part number 93-9728P stamped on it.

The top shield is
7997
and the bottom shield is
7653

I'm really not sure if the top shield is wrong or the two pipes are wrong. At this point I think I'll wait to see what Cobra says.
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
khrome13 said:
maybe i am stoopid or not thinking clearly but looks like they sent you the long pipes in this pic and the slashdown tips...

khrome :confused:
Maybe I have the shields for the longs and the right back pipes and tips. :dontknow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
those are the longs...they have to be. In the cobra picture the pipes are staggered and the tips are slashed to make the 45 degree angle ( with both tips being the same length). If what they sent you is the right stuff, I'm afraid I'm going to return my order, because they look nothing like the picture. ::)


keep us slashdown buyers updated as to what Cobra says....

thanks

Chad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
898 Posts
Look at where the line of the end of the pipe is on the blue bike(not the tips but the actual pipe end)  you posted and look where the line of the end of the pipe is on your bike....clearly the pipes are much longer....which you are quite aware of ....making it appear they sent the longer set... very odd... the pic you posted shows the slashdowns end of pipe is near the center of the brake rotor...while the end of the longer pipes being at the edge of the rim...hmmm actually the ones you have look in between  :confused:

khrome
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
849 Posts
Has anyone else opened their box up yet? Maybe Cobra just picked on Lamont. If not, I can see we're going to need tp get this straightened out with Cobra. Soon I hope!
Jer
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SpeedStack said:
those are the longs...they have to be. In the cobra picture the pipes are staggered and the tips are slashed to make the 45 degree angle ( with both tips being the same length). If what they sent you is the right stuff, I'm afraid I'm going to return my order, because they look nothing like the picture. ::)

keep us slashdown buyers updated as to what Cobra says....

thanks

Chad
I would agree but that pipe is stangered, it just the heat shields that are not stagered. I don't have the other tip in so it hard to tell. Even so I now think the sheilds are for the longs and the stagger pipe is for the slashdowns but they are too long too. :confused:
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
INTREPER said:
I'm really glad I waited now. I've heard of Cobra doing this one too many times.
That's why Hal said from day one to let us do the testing on these pipes before you order yours. We can save you a lot of time and money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
pictures are worth a thousand words. Cobras pics should have been updated before they released them. It's not like they just got the bike and mocked up pipes in a week and sent them out. They've had the 109 for months. I'm still hoping they just sent you the wrong parts Lamont. I can't wait for Monday to come.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
849 Posts
Well at the moment I'm trapped in a wheelchair waiting for the results of an MRI so I won't be able to check mine when they arrive. I'm hoping it was only Lamont's pair too and hope you others will post to let me know. In the meantime, I'll try to catch the UPS in the driveway by yelling out the window and see if he can put them in the garage for me. If they're all screwed up Hal, It may be untill I'm mobile again until I can ship for an exchange.
Jer

SpeedStack said:
pictures are worth a thousand words. Cobras pics should have been updated before they released them. It's not like they just got the bike and mocked up pipes in a week and sent them out. They've had the 109 for months. I'm still hoping they just sent you the wrong parts Lamont. I can't wait for Monday to come.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
849 Posts
So where do we stand right now? Is Cobra sending out parts and directions to make things work? If so, what will the finished set of pipes look like? Which post should we follow to keep updated on things, or will you (Hal/Lamont) contact us individually?
Jer
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top