M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new here. My current ride is a 03 Itruder 1500 I have been wanting a M-109 since before they came out. Maybe in a year or so. I want one now but just got a car paid off and don't want 2 bike payments. LOL + I want to see how the market will be for accessories. One thing I HAVE to have on the 109 is forward controls. and of course pipes K&N Fuel processor.. Well you know the normal stuff..

I have read quite a few posts about clutch problems and such and was just wondering if you had to do it over would you have still bought the 109 or maybe wait a couple of years till they work out the bugs??

Not sure how to post pictures yet buy here is my current scoot.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v391/james2003/1500 LC/

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
There are those that can wait and there are those who can't wait. I'm one that has never waited for something to get better. ::) I buy what I want now and deal with whatever issues it may have and enjoy it while I'm still on the right side of the dirt. :doorag: So yes I would do it again in a heartbeat. I've had zero problems with my bike other than the oil thing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How is the ground clearence on them? I have yet to had a chance to ride one. Dealers around here don't let you test ride anything.. :( With my LC I run out of clearence and drag the bottom of my forward controls (not the pegs but the bottom where they mount) I want another cruiser to go with the one I have. But I will be looking for 100hp and it there may be any ground clearence issues before I buy.. I may have to just go the sport bike route but would rather get a cruiser.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I bought the first one on the stealers showroom floor. They arrived on a thursday or friday and it took the bank until wednesday of the next week to clear all the paperwork for my money. I don't regret it a bit, just hated waiting almost a full week to pick it up. I haven't had any problems with mine so far.
My riding buddy has a dirt driveway that is pretty rutted up from the school bus using it as a turn around point, I'm able to pull in and out of his drive without any problem scraping the bottom of my bike. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I bought my bike April 22. The first one in Mobile,Al. :D I have had not one problem with the bike. Not oil,Not clutch, Nothing!!! I ride this bike extremely hard. And yes you will scrape the pegs. But trust my It is a good feeling!!! On ground clearance, I have eased off of a curb and did'nt bottom out. Not a wise thing to do but If you buy this bike. Overall You will be happy. But remember, This is a new bike and things might not be right. But all that I heard on this site are easy fixes..

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Numerous clutch problems?? Not here. I can think of 3 or 4 and 1/2 of those were "rider" issues. Mine was the first one. I smoked my clutch, there was never a problem. Other than my dealer sucking this bike is twice the fun I thought it would be.
I scrape my pegs plenty but I am leaning way over.

If you have been reading this site then you already know that 99.99% of people will negate your fears and say buy the bike!

Sledzep

·
Registered
237 Posts
Bought mine the end of May and other than the kickstand letting it fall when it was 2 days old (only scratched the digital tach housing...$189.00 worth of parts) I've had an extremely satisfying experience with no trouble. I would do it again twice if I could afford it... :doorag:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I got mine Wed. July 5th.I've put(only a little over) 600 miles on it so far.I showed it yesterday..first show,first 1st!There was also a little burn-out contest....yeah,won that too.I traded in a Marauder 1600 and it was an incredible bike...but it didn't compare to this.Get one....you'll see!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I for one hummed and hawed for a number of years about what bike to purchase Have owned a Moto-Guzi, and a HD, but was dissatisfied with eather the service or the lack of performance then along came the 109. The dealers in my area had no bikes to put out so I could see what one looked like the were all sold sight unseen and then driven away the minute they were put together, so I had to go on a search of the dealers in the country(Canada) to see who had a bike not sold yet I found 3 one of each color,but all across the land. I purchased immediately and have no regrets. I,ve had no problems not the Oil, not the Clutch or anything else. I would also like to thank Lamont,Hal, BJ,Oldfart and all the other guys on this site for there Ideas and suggestions for making the 109 an enjoyable ride. :bigthumbsup: :D :p :2cool: :#1: :hot:

G

·
Absolutely!!!!!It really is everything I want in a crusier....and then some....No major problems,,just a few little quirks,,that, with the help of the board members are easy fixes... :D :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Zero regrets other than not having enough time to ride every minute. Luvin it :bigthumbsup: :super:
Hmmm like that superman logo thingy...cool to have the suzuki S in it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Regrets = ZERO! After waiting 25plus years to own a bike again I'm Super Satisfied being a 109er.
It's a can't miss :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
medic32 said:
I bought my bike April 22. The first one in Mobile,Al. :D I have had not one problem with the bike. Not oil,Not clutch, Nothing!!! I ride this bike extremely hard. And yes you will scrape the pegs. But trust my It is a good feeling!!! On ground clearance, I have eased off of a curb and did'nt bottom out. Not a wise thing to do but If you buy this bike. Overall You will be happy. But remember, This is a new bike and things might not be right. But all that I heard on this site are easy fixes..
Halls Motorsports is really a great dealership. That's where I bought mine.

mania

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I have never had so much fun on a bike as I have with the 109. :D :hot: :clap2: :2cool:

I've had my 109 since late April, NO regrets, and I would do it again in a heartbeat... :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
411 Posts
I was the first one here in Nürnberg Germany They had 2, 1 black and one silver and as we all know that silver is the fastest ;) J/K I picked it up the very next day. 10 minutes for the bank to give the ok but the dealer said it had to be completly checked over before he would let it go :mad: anyways I have had 0 problems and now have 3500km on it and would do it all over again in a heart beat :bigthumbsup: It is 8) riding 230kmh on the Autobahn on a "cruiser". :D

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Hey Mad Dog. I see you are in Germany but your sig says "American by birth, southern by the grace of God."

That's kind of funny because I was born in Germany but I am an American too but I live in the south and wish I was born here. ;)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Oh yea I would do it over again..........my other ride an 05 Jeep Liberty CRD (turbo diesel) which is also a first year model (at least for the motor ,transmision combo) so as you can tell I'm not one to wait for things once I see something I like............................just pull the trigger you won't regret it :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts