M109 Rider Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
K, lamonster thats a great job on the side and new behind mount. I have an idea from the sporbike world that MAY solve the blinker solution. Could we run an integrated turn signal out of the break light like on my old sportbike? Seems to me if we have someone good w/ electrical stuff they could rig it up and it'd be the easiest way to clean up the back end. Thoughts, opinions?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
ns2973 said:
K, lamonster thats a great job on the side and new behind mount. I have an idea from the sporbike world that MAY solve the blinker solution. Could we run an integrated turn signal out of the break light like on my old sportbike? Seems to me if we have someone good w/ electrical stuff they could rig it up and it'd be the easiest way to clean up the back end. Thoughts, opinions?
Not sure if there is a problem that needs solving but I have just the man to do what your talking about. Let me get with him and I'll let you know.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hopefully your planning on putting some more time into that side mount, I was also thinking in addition to tucking in as tight as possible it should cant forward about 45 degrees or so since it's just above the ground.
That should all but eliminate the possibility of scraping in a left turn.
It's easy to test, just lean'er over and see what touches down first.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I did this plate and turn signal mod using only the original parts. If you don't mind drilling through the side of the rear fender fairing and the metal fender under the plastic, this is a good, I think, cheap solution to cleaning up the most flattering part of the M109R...the rear end.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nice clean look to the tail section, Lamonster.

I have already purchased the LED plate frame & modified my plastics. The "arrowhead" turn units are better than the ones I was going to order,  for finishing this project.

Can you let me know where to get a pair of these LED's for my short-term......pre-billet......solution?

Thanks for your wisdom & all the time dedicated to this site. It's amazing to see what everyone is doing already, since the paint hasn't cured on them.    8)

·
M109Riders Founder
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Tube Tone 68 said:
Nice clean look to the tail section, Lamonster.

I have already purchased the LED plate frame & modified my plastics. The "arrowhead" turn units are better than the ones I was going to order, for finishing this project.

Can you let me know where to get a pair of these LED's for my short-term......pre-billet......solution?

Thanks for your wisdom & all the time dedicated to this site. It's amazing to see what everyone is doing already, since the paint hasn't cured on them. 8)
I don't remember the part number right now but may Hal at DirectLineParts could tell you. I'll see if I can find it and you can call Hal to order them.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Been getting a lot of PM's and emails about both the side mount and the new rear mount. We are waiting for samples right now and as soon as they are approved we will go into production. If you can't wait then you will have to do like the rest of us and just make something work. ;) We are trying to make it as easy of an install as we can. Both brackets will be bolt-up without any drilling other than running you wires for turn signals. :bigthumbsup: Thanks for your patients.

·
Registered
341 Posts
LAMonster has the right idea. I did the same thing several years ago to mt 97 Intruder. It really shows off more of the beefy rear tire. Just cut that plastic junk off of the rear, drill a couple of holes and you're good to go.
www.hellrisercustoms.com/oychoppa

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.