1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....maybe you will like this. :D

From this...

To this....

It was dark so the pictures are not that great. ::) So what do you think?

G

·
Yep,,I like it and have my stuff to do mine that way....except I bought mini-turns that bolt to the top of the plate.... :D

and this l.e.d lighted chrome plate

:D :D :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
WOW!!! now that looks tight.... i like it. Save the second kit for me :D.

Two thumbs up!!!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Hmmmm Well I know I want some smaller lights tight in close... but Not sure if I would keep the tag in the back when I KNOW you will soon show us a tighter side mount for it... :D

All of this dreaming of what to do is killin me! Yes, thats dreaming as in I hope to have mine May 15th...
I must have 70 + websites saved as possible purchases for the bike or myself. Afterall a guy with a new bike deserves some new gear.

Sledzep

·
Registered
525 Posts
Lamonster said:
And yes there is a light in that last pic for the plate. :D
I like it. Very clean.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sledzep01 said:
Hmmmm Well I know I want some smaller lights tight in close... but Not sure if I would keep the tag in the back when I KNOW you will soon show us a tighter side mount for it... :D

All of this dreaming of what to do is killin me! Yes, thats dreaming as in I hope to have mine May 15th...
I must have 70 + websites saved as possible purchases for the bike or myself. Afterall a guy with a new bike deserves some new gear.

Sledzep
Oh know, another 109 wannabe. ;)

I'll be working on another side mount tomorrow. Stay tuned. :D

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TonyRumble said:
man.. nice to see some sweet looking mods for the M109.. you guys need to post links where we can get these mods. .:)
This was not a direct boltup but we will be making a new bracket that will be. Had to work out the details with this part first and now we know how to make it better. 8)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Dude, you've been one busy guy lately, haven't ya?

My credit card is all primed and ready for that sidemount...

G

·
I want a side mount but I don't know what to do with the turn signals yet. I don't really want to run without them (I don't know why) and I don't know if I like the Mean Streak tube LEDs. This might fit the bill. I have to lower it. Are you making any lowering links?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
very nice job. i'm looking for something exactly like that center mount. i'd be interested in buying one from ya if you ever get one to bolt in the existing holes. i don't really have the stuff to tool a good quality mounting bracket without going shopping.

i bought that same chrome LED plate earlier today, along with some 1' amber flex LED's that i'm going to make into turn signals. gonna put them between the rear seat cowl and the fender instead of at the bottom of the fender. it'll make it impossible to ride 2 up, but i think it'll look smooth. also got some amber LED bolts for the plate that i'm gonna hook into the turn signals.

also lookin for those rear view mirrors that are in the baron's pic, but can't find them anywhere. if anyone sees em i'd appreciate the heads up.

·
Registered
422 Posts
phaed said:
very nice job. i'm looking for something exactly like that center mount. i'd be interested in buying one from ya if you ever get one to bolt in the existing holes. i don't really have the stuff to tool a good quality mounting bracket without going shopping.
Me too
Love it.
I'll buy that too just tell me when.
Not keen on sidemounts. Does the tag move with the suspension?
Would it get in the way of passenger. Missus may not appreciate a gash to the leg.
Cheers

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aussie109 said:
Me too
Love it.
I'll buy that too just tell me when.
Not keen on sidemounts. Does the tag move with the suspension?
Would it get in the way of passenger. Missus may not appreciate a gash to the leg.
Cheers
It's mounted in the same place as the stock one. You do have to do a little cutting on the plastic even when we have the bolt-up version. That's just the way it is. ::)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks great! Nice quality work. The only thing that I think would tighten it up would be matching the turn signals and the tail light to the same color. I like the white option but not sure the law would think too much of a white tail light.

·
Registered
169 Posts
This is EXACTLY the look I want!!! Put me down for one when you come up with a kit...

Good Job! :clap2:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AB_Rider said:
Looks great! Nice quality work. The only thing that I think would tighten it up would be matching the turn signals and the tail light to the same color. I like the white option but not sure the law would think too much of a white tail light.
The housing is chrome and the light is clear. The LED's are amber. There are all sorts of choices for lights too.

G

·
Lamonster,How did you get the side mount to bolt in the axle?I'm gonna mount the rear lte and turns first(just a temp fix),,and then work on a side mounting plate....another one asked if you used an expansion bolt in the axle tube?Thanks :D

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
traysvega said:
Lamonster,How did you get the side mount to bolt in the axle?I'm gonna mount the rear lte and turns first(just a temp fix),,and then work on a side mounting plate....another one asked if you used an expansion bolt in the axle tube?Thanks :D
I used an expansion plug. 8)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts