M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw these really nice at a Buffalo Soldiers Rally & FamilyFest yesterday...

One day, when I grow up... it's either gonna be a Rune or a Gold wing... and seeing how I like to carry STUFF with me... I'm thinking Wing....

·
Registered
680 Posts
It's funny how your tastes change! A few years back i would have bet my life that i would never want that style bike 9i said that about a (cruiser M109 as well):D
But now i find myself liking these. I think i would want a tricked out badger but still not against it. I am also drawn to the can Am. I guess I am just gettin old and need that confort and something to hold my stuff! A few years back I would ride anywhere on my sport bikes (Busa) and go with the cloths on my back or a back pack at best and managed but now i need the other stuff!:p

Juice109

·
Registered
927 Posts
No doubt a gold wing/or concours is next on my hit list....My brother in law has goldwing/109 combo...and has tricked out his goldwing..bass tube and all lol.

·
Registered
146 Posts
rune

Once my 9 is payed off here in a few I am going to track down a Rune to add to my stable for sure.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
the 9 for sure will stay in my garage but would love to add a goldwing! :bigthumbsup:

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
:agree:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a 07 GoldWing but had to sell it due to being laidoff after 34 years.Right now Im enjoying my 109 but someday I will buy another Wing.It was a great bike and the wife loved it. No that is not an oil leak I had just washed it.lol!!:p

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Very Nice Pics. JOB WELL DONE!!!

Man, you took some great pics. It is great to see how folks personalize their rides, and even pay tribute to some of those that paved the way for us to be here and do what we do today.

I don't know if I am actually as motorcycle crazy as my wife says I am, but I seem to want the best of ALL worlds as apposed to maybe two
or three. :dontknow: :bigthumbsup: I already own an '07 M109R & an '07 ZX14R, but I really would also like to have a Can Am Spyder, a Honda Rune, one more M109R (which I would modify differently from the one I already have), a 2010 white Camaro SS (w/white and black modded deepdish wheels, & black pinstripping with a black rag top, and a white Chevy Full Size Crew Cab Pick Up with white and black deepdish 26" wheels. It's not that I am not thankful for what I have been blessed with...it is more just my list of dream things I would like to have. As I have gotten older I can tell that my taste in some things has changed as well. I am getting out of the sportbike mentality more and more as time goes by. However, I still have a passion for power and speed. I don't know if I will ever grow out of that. I HOPE NOT :p :drool: :clap2:

Thanks again for posting those nice pics

·
Registered
91 Posts
Those new Can Ams are awesome >.< and Im only 21! Years before I wanna start looking for something thats for old people bawhaha.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Goldwing & M109

I am a 66 year old rider. I have an 06 Goldwing (Dark red), and an 06 M019R (black). The wife likes the wing best, I like both, but I have to be careful on the 109 as my reactions are not what they were 50 years ago. I do still really get a thrill when I twist the throttle on the 109.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
If I had to have a big touring bike with all the touring accessories, it would definitely be a Gold Wing. They really did a good job putting that bike together, and they seem to be pretty much trouble free.

Great looking Spyder at the meet too.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
if you on your 9 and you come up on a wing be careful of the year those bikes will run at 75+ i've seen them put it on some sport bikes and top out over 140 the 9 cant do 140 they are governed.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
if you on your 9 and you come up on a wing be careful of the year those bikes will run at 75+ i've seen them put it on some sport bikes and top out over 140 the 9 cant do 140 they are governed.
I dont think so - my 9 will almost out run the wing in 4 gear.and dont even talk about going throught the gears :eek: the wing is pussing so much wind. The one time I held it to see what it would do I thought I was going airborne. The wing lifted at about 135 mph and I thought it was over :-[. It is nice to run 85 + down the fw and not have the wind :bigthumbsup:

For me I like the wing in the hills, but I have ran with a 9 down south that I could keep up with but could not pass :bow: I just chalk it up to his home town road :joke:

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I had one back in 1978 and loved it! Rode it to CA and back when I was 18. I have been looking at them for years now and will get one as soon as I find the "one". I really want to see the next gen Goldwing.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Cool stuff! I have looked at the "Wings" an grampa glides too, I just cant bring myself to think of riding one....not yet, maybe in about 20 years. I like those paint jobs too, I am currently serving in the Cavalry and love the rich history and traditions in the Cav. Sure we had some rough spots, but it made it what is is today. As we say "If you aint Cav...You aint *****."
Great post! Great pics!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts