M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Well he has a 20,000 Harley for sale also, He is either trying to put some cash in his pocket prior to a divorce or its a scam.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I would definitely check it out. Ask for photos of the VIN and run those. Tell him that you will buy it, but will pay with certified check in person after you've inspected the bike. If the deal is good, then it would definitely be worth making the trip.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i bought a shadow off ebay. it ended up being a good deal, but i gotta tell ya, i was sweatin a bit until i got it. there are scammers all over the place there. ya just gotta do as much detective work as you can. if you feel comfortable afterwards, go for it. if you have any doubts, don't.

i'd be skeptical about that buy-it-now price of $3500. the kelly blue book on it is $14,260. that alone would be enough to make me shy away from it.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
just read some more of it...the title is not in the sellers name (that alone sounds illegal to me), and he says the deal had to be sealed before october 6th, but yet he ran the add in november. that's a scam if i ever saw one.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
phaed said:
i'd be skeptical about that buy-it-now price of $3500. the kelly blue book on it is $14,260. that alone would be enough to make me shy away from it.
Or at a bare minimum... deal with the person face to face. I would NEVER send money awaiting shipment on a deal like that. If he hesitates when you ask to deal in person, don't walk, run away from it. It's a scam

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Ask him exactly how he wants the transaction to be made. It wouldn't surprise me if he wanted you to send money to some other country. If he's willing to deal in person, and have you meet him somewhere with a certified check or Postal Money order, then it may actually be a good deal.

·
Registered
666 Posts
it's very EZ guys just email him and ask " can i come see it " i bet 100.000.000.000.000.000 you dont get a reply :D
and if you do it will be ohhhh the bike is not here its in a dif state :joke:

:cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop:

·
Registered
172 Posts
A couple of things strike me as odd:

1. The way he types $3500....3500$

2. He says "I AM NOT THE ORIGINAL OWNER. I PURCHASED THIS FROM AN INDIVIDUAL HERE IN CHATTANOOGA, TN." But in the item location at the top next to the picture it says he is in Waterford, Mi., United States.

Also look at the other bike he has for sale...something is starting to look real fishy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harl...ryZ49996QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just my $.02

Ric

G

·
and there's no actual buy it now button.

Those bikes are worth way more than what he's asking.

and he only has one feedback?

I dont think so. No way, No how would I even consider it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don't know, I guess if I lived nearby I might show up in person with cash, packin' my off duty of course with my buddies in backup ! :p

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah,kinda seemed fishy.......she can keep her VTX 1300 for a little while longer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts