M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so the last couple days i notice it seems like my bike is idling slow it is idling at about 800 rpms........ Is this about right or not. I also notice that somtime when you start it it will die after that. But i'm also noticing about 1/4to 3/8 of slack in my throttle now there is alot there. What should the idle be set at? and where is the idle screw

Danny

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
then why am i getting a stall the bike has 1100 miles on it could it be from all the slack in the throttle and what is the idle speed under in the owners manual

·
Registered
561 Posts
Manual says 900rpm + or - 100rpm Section 1-9

Jeff

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,036 Posts
It's not from slack in the throttle cable, but you can adjust the slack with the adjuster in the front throttle cable. It's located right under the clutch lever and you screw it apart to take up the slack,

Idle speed is controlled by an ISC, or Idle Speed Control valve on your air box. There really isn't an idle screw to adjust, but there's a process in the throttle body synchronization procedure to adjust it to sync the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm kinda wondering if i didn't get some bad gas cause my buddys gixxer is acting kinda bluperish and he filld up at the same spot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts