M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where the idle adjustment screw is located ? the JSD-3M increased my idle , and i need to lower it . need help . thanks . .

·
Registered
134 Posts
Mine did a funny thing this morning about idle. All the way to work it would not idle below 2 thousand, but after getting to work shut off bike and restarted several times and every thing seamed fine. :eek:

·
Registered
142 Posts
WohoSo said:
Mine did a funny thing this morning about idle. All the way to work it would not idle below 2 thousand, but after getting to work shut off bike and restarted several times and every thing seamed fine.  :eek:
Do you have the JSD mod ???

·
Registered
134 Posts
No I do not have the JSD-3M mod. Mine has only had a new clutch lever and gas tank because of a drive way fall off of the side stand. I am waiting on more pipe choices and the power commander. Then I will think about making changes. Enjoying not having to work on one right now. Had an older (1987 GSXR 1100) that required working on.
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
216 Posts
WohoSo said:
Mine did a funny thing this morning about idle. All the way to work it would not idle below 2 thousand, but after getting to work shut off bike and restarted several times and every thing seamed fine.  :eek:
Mine is doing the exact same thing.. ::) :eek:

·
Registered
142 Posts
jeffw said:
Shame on you...... why not blame "sun spots" for it as well.. :joke:
Jeff, You have misinterpreted my question. I asked because I am now thinking there is an inherent problem with the factory ECM instead of an issue with the JSD. That's all.

mania

·
Registered
243 Posts
Guys I turned the idle screw counter clockwise, but to no avail. The screw was already at the low end that pushes the throttle (pulley??) backwards. It will not move forward anymore to lower the RPMs. :tools:

Is there another way to adjust those two cables that are controlling the throttle body. (pulley) and get the RPMS down a little... :tools:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts