M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got in a car crash in 07,I already had a bad back,this really gave me a bad back.I didn't know if I could ride again.After 10 nerve blocks with no relief.Taking enough pain pills to kill a horse.I was living off a nerve stimulator,and hot tub.This is no way to live. I tried surgery.The surgeon said I would still need pain pills after,but she hope she could help me. I got about 40% help from the surgery.I still got my 9 with only 5K on the clock,and maybe if I ride again i would get my mind of things.I put about 35K miles a year on every bike I had.I had a V65 for 15 years,then got a 1100 Shadow.Everyone told me I would miss the power,one year later 35K miles,I met Lamont and the Valkyrie boys,and traded for a 98 tourer.Man I love that bike,and all the bikers in the club.My friend had a 99 interstate valkyrie he said put it up for 10K.The next day he lowered it to 8K,heck I bought it too.I had 2 of the best bikes on the road.Then Honda came out with the 1800,everyone said it will do everything the valkyrie will do but better.That is not totally true.The ride was greate,but on top end valkyrie was the king.I had it for 10 months then a woman came in my lane,I laied it down and snaped my leg off like a toothpick,and crushed my eye socket.Besides bleeding to death I was all right.When I recoved to start looking mama said she aint getting on again.Wile I was looking at Direct line cuz they sell wings,I seen Hal and Lamont got 9's,WHAT!Lamont had a boss hoss,and he's got a 9,I got to look in this.I found one in Alabama,drove their to get it.Man this bike is sweet.You know they tried to sell me parts.I said I get my parts from Direct Line,that a bad word to motorcycle shops.Keep up the good work Hal. Dewey

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
It's great to see you back on again Dewey. And man, that is a lot of bad luck to go through! Hope you heal up completely at some point, and prayers sent to help in the process.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
Good to see you back. I hope your heal up so you can start riding again someday. Happy New Year to you also.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Way to go Winddog. Been there done that. Rather not have them cutting me up and taking their pills. Its hard staying alive on the nine straight. They want to put me on pills? NO THANK YOU. and they look at you like you go two heads.

Its a long hard road Win. You have to want real bad and you will get there.

Would be a good idea to start a NO BACK CLUB. Ride fifty miles and stop to have smoke and stretch. Or some one raises their hand to stop for a pee. :joke:
The things we put up with the ride the nine. lol.

If i talk to much just tell me to STFU. LOL.

Dave.

·
Registered
976 Posts
So did you lose your leg? Or was it broken badly ?
Either way, you are a tougher man than I.

Welcome

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I know where you are coming from with your back .I will be taking pain pills 4 the rest of my life.Back pain is no fun.WELCOME BACK!!!

·
Registered
960 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
If that V65 didn't kill you, you are pretty much indestructible.

Ride on!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Your alright Windog. Sounds like your my kinda guy... don't ever give up! I deal with back problems too & will continue 2 take pain meds 4 the rest of my life also... hey its the quality of life... that can make a real difference in your activities, stay active and keep on doing the things you like 2 do. Good healing 4U bro & many more good times ahead :bigthumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts