M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just received my 8000k h4-2 HID headlight kit in the mail today :hot::hot::hot:

I'll let you guys know how the install goes on the C , I do alot of riding at highway speeds in the dark for my commute to work , should be a huge improvement :D

·
Registered
623 Posts
I already know the out come... Your going to LOVE it. It takes a little bit to stop noticing the reflexive tape on signs and truck.

Here a shot of my C50 with 10K in the head light and 10K spot lights.
Sorry still working on the C109 but my plans are the same for it.

I didn't do mine for night riding, I did mine for day riding.
My wife and I ride our bikes some at night but mostly in the day. That is when most motorcycles get hit by people in cars or trucks.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think i just got welders flash just from the picture you would be noticeable i think

i commute swing shift on an unlit superslab right by a National Park (read no kill zone humongous deer population) trying to pick critters on the side of the road and road roast in my path of travel is my #1 reason

·
Registered
608 Posts
I will do this to my bike at some point. Don't do a lot of night riding. I worry about deer and wild pigs etc. at night. Can't see them til its too late.

But my b/f installed them on his Hayabusa and you can see into the next county at night now. Spot a black pig in total darkness from what seems like 2 miles away now.....laff.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had 6k HID's on my R1. That bike got defected for too loud, plate not able to be read at 20 metres (it was angled downwards and sat in front of the rear tyre :)), gutted cat etc but NEVER did any officer give me a defect notice for the lights as they all understood it was important to be seen on a bike, especially during the day. You will absolutely love the amount of visibility it gives you!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I changed last week to the Sylvania UltraStar 9003. Simple plug n play, no kit to install. 50% brighter and 35% wider field of vision. WOW what a difference at night. Have been told its a big difference in the daytime too. Had a friend ride ahead to where I couldn't see him anymore and he could still see the light his rearview mirror. Still don't mean the cages will see me, but I have a better chance.

·
Registered
623 Posts
agreed the 4300 is pure crisp white light so much better then the higher kalvin lights.
I also agree, it is better at night. I had to make a call on the ones I have or the 4300K and since 95% of my riding is in the day time the 10K is a better call for bright sun light but still can't out shine the sun.

I also run the Ultra Star in my truck and I love them, as stated above it's a plug and ride mod, also legal in all 50 states.:doorag:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well the HID install is finally complete it wasn't too complicated,but, i did use a few "lifelines" to make sure i wasn;t gonna mess anything up. I dont know if it can work to mount the ballast into the headlight bucket on the C, I know it proved aggrevating to me after a few attempts so I mounted the Ballast portion of the HID kit behind the plastic frame neck covers

It snowed here today so i wasn't able to back the bike outta the garage and check if its aimed right,but i do know shining it on my garage wall is an amazing difference over that 1candlepower stocker

also noticed with the halogen highbeam if you hit the yellow flash-to-pass button that the HID lo stays on while halogen kicks on

·
Registered
620 Posts
Oh you got one of "those" kits, I use the bi-xenon kits that pull the bulb in and out so you have HID on hi and lo.

It's good to know about mounting the ballast behind the neck covers, I was going to try and find a safe spot under the gas tank for it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh you got one of "those" kits, I use the bi-xenon kits that pull the bulb in and out so you have HID on hi and lo.

It's good to know about mounting the ballast behind the neck covers, I was going to try and find a safe spot under the gas tank for it.
i didnt put the neck covers on yet , i will try and remember in the next day or two to get a pic if you are interested

·
Registered
620 Posts
yes please, I'm waiting til I get everything like a tank cover/gipro/etc that requires taking the tank off before I take the tank off.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes please, I'm waiting til I get everything like a tank cover/gipro/etc that requires taking the tank off before I take the tank off.
i pulled the frame neck covers without pulling the tank , I still have about 1/2 tank in there i wanna burn out before I pull it for a couple weeks so I can do a few things too.

the first attachment is the throttle side I have it zip tied in there , I did get a digital "slim" ballast but there is room for a bigger box in this spot

the second attachment is the clutch side , this wire for this connection was quite a bit longer so i fished it across the bike behind the neck to stretch it out and not look like a rats nest

·
Registered
73 Posts
Does anybody changed bulbs in OEM lightbar from suzuki for c109? Which bulbs did you use? I need something brighter than I have right now (stock).

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does anybody changed bulbs in OEM lightbar from suzuki for c109? Which bulbs did you use? I need something brighter than I have right now (stock).
sorry can't help ya there, I dont have a lightbar and dont know what size/type of bulbs they take

·
Registered
620 Posts
i pulled the frame neck covers without pulling the tank , I still have about 1/2 tank in there i wanna burn out before I pull it for a couple weeks so I can do a few things too.

the first attachment is the throttle side I have it zip tied in there , I did get a digital "slim" ballast but there is room for a bigger box in this spot

the second attachment is the clutch side , this wire for this connection was quite a bit longer so i fished it across the bike behind the neck to stretch it out and not look like a rats nest
Cool thanks, ya I have a digital slim waiting to go in, it's all I use now.

It's winter with like 3 feet of snow, so no "burning" off gas to empty the tank.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey BigJack how far away are you from Wilkes-Barre? I have summer house around that area and often riding there for fun or to fish The Pack.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey BigJack how far away are you from Wilkes-Barre? I have summer house around that area and often riding there for fun or to fish The Pack.
i am about 2 hours south

1 - 20 of 20 Posts