M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got done painting the calipers, drive shaft hub, engine fins, speedo tach, Black exhaust wrap will be here in 4-5 buisness days, and a couple other things, but the forks are in need of some black.

What I need to know, is there a pre loaded spring in the forks that will pop out if i take off the nuts on the top of the forks?

What is the removal process? Besides taking off calipers, wheel, fender, headlight, whats next??

Just wanted to say this Form has been so beneficial and I want to thank everyone for being so helpful..

:doorag:

·
Registered
643 Posts
What kind of intakes are you runnin, bro? Cause I dont see any......

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I've had my forks out several times. If you're just painting them, DO NOT take the top caps off the forks. There is no need to break the forks down that far to paint them. Just remove them from the bike, mask the areas you do not want paint on and spray away. Removal takes no time at all. As stated remove calipers, wheel, loosen upper and lower pinch bolts and slide the fork tubes right out. I painted my fork lowers black and they came out great. Spend some time sanding and doing the necessary prep and it will look great. Use a good etching primer and paint and you're good to go.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
K&N air filters, gives you the most horsepower, and pretty cheap.. My dyno results with custom map Programmer, custom exhaust, K&N air filters, and Rev retarder was 144hp . Not too shabby
no offense but your dyno guy is lying to you like crazy.

That combo is max of maybe 120hp. You ain't getting 144 without opening up the motor or adding NoS

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had my forks out several times. If you're just painting them, DO NOT take the top caps off the forks. There is no need to break the forks down that far to paint them. Just remove them from the bike, mask the areas you do not want paint on and spray away. Removal takes no time at all. As stated remove calipers, wheel, loosen upper and lower pinch bolts and slide the fork tubes right out. I painted my fork lowers black and they came out great. Spend some time sanding and doing the necessary prep and it will look great. Use a good etching primer and paint and you're good to go.
Hey thanks! sounds like it'll be an easy weekend project.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no offense but you dyno guy is lying to you like crazy.

That combo is max of maybe 120hp. You ain't getting 144 without opening up the motor or adding NoS
lol well whatever the case may be, she scoots pretty good.. It was a friend of a friend that did the dyno and mapping. Im going to see if I can get the paper work just for future reference .

·
Registered
109 Posts
forks

To do what you want to do is easy money like they sadi you dont need to break the forks down, the only thing you need to be aware of is if you get the paint too thick it will be tight going back into the triple trees, I intend to use a small wood wedge to spread the triple trees a bit I am powder coating mine and it will increase the diameter by about .003

Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts