M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry for the 2nd post here, but do you think this would get more or less hp than a shorter one. And what about the decel pop, would it help it? decisions decisions

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yeah, no kidding. Super clean looking and simple.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Looks like a 2 into 1 using the stocker muffler...

Clean, but the gap between the pipe and that half moon cover looks unfinished to me... (I Know, I sound like a broken record on that :dontknow: )

Aside from that I like it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah but that could be easily fixed. i think thats the least of the worries with this mod. really interested to see some dyno charts. maybe jr will know.... u out there bud? :dontknow:

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you do a search (I know, everyone's favorite response) you'll find the post on how he did that using one of the stock pipes, and IIRC, a sound clip. :bigthumbsup: I do ot recall a dyno session, other than the butt dyno.

·
Registered
169 Posts
close, but no cigar.....I would like to see it upswept and pointed directly towards the the number plate, then it would be sweet. :bigthumbsup:
Also would cover the lame swingarm. :(

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
perthguy said:
close, but no cigar.....I would like to see it upswept and pointed directly towards the the number plate, then it would be sweet. :bigthumbsup:
Also would cover the lame swingarm. :(
+1 IMHO The swingarm get's me everytime :dontknow:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Albino,
That pipe was originally shown on the board by Wildracing as he was one of the first to start hacking and looking for something more. Indeed, it's the upper muffler from your stockers and I think what you get power wise would depend on what you left, if anything of the original insides of the muffler.
As for the gap that bothers some, one could easily make a stainless piece and polish it to fill the area. The other option is to use that other piece that was originally in that area to fill the space visually. There are places to mount things to in there if you're creative.

Personally, I thought about Wildracing's mod when I wanted to go 2into1 but after discussing it with my best friend decided on something different. Run a search for his thread on the mod if you haven't read the whole thing yet. Keep us posted on your progress if you go this way.
Jer

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Hey Jer.... have you dyno'd or run your bike at the track with your custom pipe?
If so, how did it do?

I am getting ready to make my own exhaust (Just got a set of stockers off of Ebay to play with) and am trying to pull together all of the "Do's and Dont's" that others have figured out...

·
Registered
849 Posts
Haven't dynoed it yet, and plan to wait until Spring to get it dyno tuned. There's a shop over in LaPeer Mich. that handles Harleys and I think also owns the Metric place across the street. They're an authorized dyno-jet tuner and dyno both Harleys and metrics from what I understand. In the meantime I've asked a couple of members on the board if they might share some of their custom maps that they've developed so I could play around a bit.
In running it against my buddy's 1800VTX, it's faster than it was but hard to determine how much. I'm suspicious there's still a bit extra in there once I get it properly tuned. It's got a solid low pitched rumble sound with the car chemistry insert mounted in the end of the collector box. I like it.
Jer

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Jer,

Not sure on how much more of a ride it would be for you but there is a dyno tuner that has come very highly recommended from some very good friends of mine that is located on the Mich Ohio border near Monroe. i will be taking my 109 to him when i get my parts together. I can pass on his info to you if you would like just let me know.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts