M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the kit sixshooter made with the leds under the tailsection, but don't want to mess around with bending sheetmatal to get it to work. I'd rather wait for a kit...

guess I'll have to wait

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
SpeedStack said:
I like the kit sixshooter made with the leds under the tailsection, but don't want to mess around with bending sheetmatal to get it to work. I'd rather wait for a kit...

guess I'll have to wait ::)
Well I played with that and broke one of the LED's when I was bending it. :realmad: It don't like to bend sideways.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks good ! :bigthumbsup:

I was thinking of mounting my license plate on that same bolt. I took it off the other day and there was nothing behind it. Does anyone know what it's for ????

-Chad

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm really diggin what you guy's are doing with the rear, but I sure don't have the skills to do the mods myself :confused: Gonna have to wait until someone can come up with a kit that I can have someone else mount for me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
ITguy said:
Looks good Jonce. I see you also kept the brake light on the plate and wired. You did a good job hiding the wiring (guess thats were the bracket came in handy). :bigthumbsup:
Thanks. I was going to remove the light but I figured that I should just wire it in to see if I like it. I think it looks alright being wired in. I would like to hide the wires behind the shaft drive though.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I'm really diggin what you guy's are doing with the rear, but I sure don't have the skills to do the mods myself Gonna have to wait until someone can come up with a kit that I can have someone else mount for me.
i kit that would "replace" the rear liscense plate/turn signal section will be very expensive. this is because that piece actually goes all the way up on top of your wheel well, ya just can't see it. you are going to have to cut it yourself with any inexpensive kit. i know you think you don't have the skills, but lamont put a very detailed how-to on this tail. you can do it man!

·
Registered
181 Posts
phaed said:
i kit that would "replace" the rear liscense plate/turn signal section will be very expensive. this is because that piece actually goes all the way up on top of your wheel well, ya just can't see it. you are going to have to cut it yourself with any inexpensive kit. i know you think you don't have the skills, but lamont put a very detailed how-to on this tail. you can do it man!
I did take a look at Lamont's how-to which was an excellent overview. However, my toolkit consists of an old Phillips head screwdriver and a Coleman socket set - I think I'm screwed with that. I'll probablyb have to try and hook up with someone who has the tools to do the job right :doorag:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts