M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well low and behold I find this broken. Hopefully my stealership has this part in stock. It was still shifting fine, the lever just left sloppy.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, the photo refuses to load. It is the clutch adjustment nut assembly. The threaded bolt part is broken in 2. Pretty anti climatic this thread is.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
You painted a nice picture even without the photograph. :D

Most of those adjustment sleeves are universal on metric bikes, so check around their parts bin too. If someone trashed one out they should have something used. I'm guessing a dealer doesn't stock it separately.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
LOL Fail! Sorry, couldn't help myself!!:D

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
Actually they do sell the adjuster separately.

Part# 57041-0AE00
supersedes: 57441-45C00 Desc ADJUSTER,WIRE USD Price 14.26

And if you need the adjusting nut:
Part# 57442-45C00
Desc NUT, LOCK USD Price 10.73

Those are from Alpha Sports.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mine broke as well. Have no idea what caused it. I know it was not overtightened but something caused it. Mine was not complety broken off only cracked.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I still can't believe how Suziki cheaped out and put this rinky-dink setup on their flagship bike. This bike should have a hydraulic clutch!

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I still can't believe how Suziki cheaped out and put this rinky-dink setup on their flagship bike. This bike should have a hydraulic clutch!
It is what it is, can't change it now. Cables have been on motorcycles for many moons, longer than hydraulic, and are easy to work on and keep adjusted. I have never in over 30 years of riding broken this piece shown here. Cannot even imagine what combination of circumstances caused it?:dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
Cannot even imagine what combination of circumstances caused it?:dontknow:
If you run 2" risers and use the stock cable, I could see that breaking the adjuster. When I had mine that way it would pull on the cable pretty hard when turned full lock. After I moved the cable from under the motor mount it added a little more slack, but not enough to keep me from getting the +3 Barnett cables.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts