M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on getting everything connected for the taillight and my LED Pod for the Side Plate Mount I bought from Shayne. Everything was working fine... the brake lights, running lights, and turn signals. I had just talked to Shayne on the phone about how to wire up of the LED Pod for the Side Plate Mount, so I tried to connect the wires from the LED Pod to a connection that had a black wire and a grey wire to it. When I did I heard a fizzle and the taillight went out completely. It doesn't light up at all.

Is it fried? I hope not.

What can I do to fix it...if anything?

HELP!!!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,951 Posts
I don't see that destroying the light. You either blew a fuse or fried some wires. The only way you can hurt the light is by supplying too much voltage to it, and it's getting 12 volts already. There are resistors in the LED's that drop the voltage, but they are internal, not something you can accidentally bypass.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This may sound like a dumb question, but where is this particular fuse located? A blown fuse was my first thought, so I checked the only fuse I could see which was a fuse located near the battery area. Where should I be looking for this fuse that affects the rear lighting?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
LED's are Diodes and only allow current to flow one way. So reversing the polarity usually does nothing at all except make them not work. Now if you short the legs together with voltage without a fuse you can fry them really quick.

I'd think the above that you just blew a fuse. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts