M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday I had a 60 mile run with a Harley.Not bashing them,I think they are good looking bikes,and they do have a loyal membership with them,some are bikers,some are the farthest thing a biker,just want that logo. I said many times if Honda had just half the marketing skill Harley got,they would wipe them off the face of the earth. Back to story,he seen me and was driving like mad to catch me.I was doing 80,he caught me and got right in front,banging my head to death,with straight 2 1/2" pipes. Three minutes is all I could take,so I passed,waived with no response and left him.Every time he tried to pass,I ran it up 135 or so and made him a dot in my mirror.He must have tried 6 times to catch me with no luck.When I got home,front wheel had stains ,just like back,and I traced it to axle.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
ok, where abouts and why? i thought a few people had replaced a faulty gasket.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
no it is not oil bad109 it is grease from either axle being overgreased from the factory. once it comes out it stays clean but it may take a while to come out altogether. heck they overfill em' with oil I guess they know how to over grease them too! :redfaced:

·
Registered
702 Posts
so THAT's where the little thick splatters are coming from. I've only had 4 drips (sling streak) or so total. in 2500 miles.

G

·
My rear rim has it all the time. Just got done cleaning it for the 4 time. Just changed out the rear oil and there was that black stuff again. Thankfully, those powder coated rims just wipe clean, but at first I thought my rear gear oil was leaking because I had 5 streaks, but the plug was on very tight, I mean real tight. No sign of drippage, plus the oil was super clean. Well, if that is it, then hopefully it will work it's way out and will end soon. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
106 Posts
damn you guys are good! I had the same thing happening to me as well. Always after a 3-4 hr ride w/ my HD buddy. There is always a couple of times when I blow by him and up into the 130's. Yesterday he was doing about
110 on rt 66 in va coming out of the Shenandoah mountains and I dropped it into fourth and passed him like he was standing still!!! ...... anyways I get back and there is black smoot all over the back rim. Funny it didn't start until after the 600 mile check up from the "stealership"

OUT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts