M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I would like to say "THANKS" to all of you folks for helping me make the decision to guy a 109! I have been reading this forum and looking at bike pics for about a year. Finally traded in my scooter in Sept. 7, for a 2007 red m109. It only had 4800 miles and was in great condition. I just couldn't let it get away. I have put about 3500 miles on it since then. What a blast! I live in WV and ride into MD, PA, and VA. Rode to Bridge Day a couple of weeks back to watch the base jumpers leap from the New River Gorge bridge. The bike is awesome. I don't need to tell you guys though, you're the ones who convinced me. Thanks again. My girlfriend rides a Raider, which she has customized to the point that most people don't pay too much attention to my nine. I just tell them to check out the front of my bike, they'll have plenty of opportunity to view the rear. :D

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
welcome to the forum!:congrats: on the new ride. You should look into the mid-atlantic meet coming up in June. I'm sure Ryan will be along soon and he has some great links in his sig. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
First I would like to say "THANKS" to all of you folks for helping me make the decision to guy a 109! I have been reading this forum and looking at bike pics for about a year. Finally traded in my scooter in Sept. 7, for a 2007 red m109. It only had 4800 miles and was in great condition. I just couldn't let it get away. I have put about 3500 miles on it since then. What a blast! I live in WV and ride into MD, PA, and VA. Rode to Bridge Day a couple of weeks back to watch the base jumpers leap from the New River Gorge bridge. The bike is awesome. I don't need to tell you guys though, you're the ones who convinced me. Thanks again. My girlfriend rides a Raider, which she has customized to the point that most people don't pay too much attention to my nine. I just tell them to check out the front of my bike, they'll have plenty of opportunity to view the rear. :D
:congrats: & :welcome: Post up some pics of the bikes. We hit Harpers Ferry and beyond quite often. Maybe we'll hook up for a ride some time.

Where did you buy your bike from?

Here's some links that should interest you
http://bigpapam109.com/howto.htm

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93117&highlight=Bang+buck+mods

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126079

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
This bike will never grow old.I am just getting ready to tear her down for a thick coat of clear with diamond dust flake.Just love the red it is the fastest!!And :welcome:rocket.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the bike at Romney Cycles. I only live about 15 miles from there. They are great to deal with, lowest prices anywhere. People come from states all around because of their low prices. That's part of why it took awhile for me to get the bike I wanted. They sold them as fast as they came in. Planning on taking some pics today. It is sunny, just waiting for it to warm up a little. We live about 2 hrs or so from Harper's Ferry. I love the area and it is a nice ride from here.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
:welcome: Wait till you get rid of those stock tires!! then you can realy carve up the twisties. I'm in Morgantown and there is a group of us around here that ride together.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Romney Cycles put new Dunlops on the bike before they would sell it. They are wearing pretty well so far. What tires do you run?

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
I bought the bike at Romney Cycles. I only live about 15 miles from there. They are great to deal with, lowest prices anywhere. People come from states all around because of their low prices. That's part of why it took awhile for me to get the bike I wanted. They sold them as fast as they came in. Planning on taking some pics today. It is sunny, just waiting for it to warm up a little. We live about 2 hrs or so from Harper's Ferry. I love the area and it is a nice ride from here.
I bought mine from there also. They had 3 07's and a left over 08 I picked up for 8995.00 out the door. Great place to deal with.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big-B........thanks for the links. Maybe we can hook up for a ride in the future. Always enjoy meeting other bikers and making new friends. Thanks again.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Big-B........thanks for the links. Maybe we can hook up for a ride in the future. Always enjoy meeting other bikers and making new friends. Thanks again.
Absolutely!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
:welcome: neighbor, and :congrats: on the new bike. I bought my red 109 new at Romney Cycle in March of 2007, and bought my wife an S50 there two years ago. I hit all their open house and sale events and usually find some good items there for reasonable prices. And they usually will discount you on parts if you ask. Good folks!

Sounds like you're fairly close to me, so we'll probably run into each other. :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome:.. 3500 miles in two months?! You are definitely getting your riding in :drool:. Keep on ridin'!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I buy my bikes at Romney Cycles too. Kevin is really nice to deal with. I'm a little over an hour from there at Deep Creek Lake, Md.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Romney Cycles put new Dunlops on the bike before they would sell it. They are wearing pretty well so far. What tires do you run?
good call if they were the e3's:bigthumbsup:. I run metzler 260rear and 160 front. Love'n them.

I bought mine from Morgantown Honda. Would of loved to buy them from Romney, but it all worked out in the end.:D

·
Registered
877 Posts
:congrats: and if i did already:welcome: u 2...:nopic:eek:f ur lady,:doh:oh and the bike:joke:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts