M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To see if I can get the dent out the crappy stan caused.I don't have a book ,but does the wires unhook from the speedo circuit.Mine were so tight,I was affaid I was going to break it.I have a electric back but this had it tyrap up and screwed with a bracket not to come off,it is way to tight in my book. They don't need thatr stuff if it comes off.TIA

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yoo don't need to disconnect the speedo to remove the tank. You just need to take out the allen screw and move it to the side.

All that needs to be removed is the rear bolt, the fuel line, and the brown Molex connector near the fuel line. Then the tank will just pull off.

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
If you have a compony called Dent Works by you, have them take a look at it. I have seen them get some crazy dings/dents out.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
rynosback said:
If you have a compony called Dent Works by you, have them take a look at it. I have seen them get some crazy dings/dents out.
Here in NE Pa. we have a gent called "Doctor Dent" .....it is absolutely amazing what this guy can do with dents and dings. I seen some of his work and you can't detect where damage occurred. He does have his limitations and will tell you up front if a repair can or cannot be made. LOL with the tank!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dent Dr by my house closed.I went another X a dent,they said no way they can fix it.On a car is a big area and small imperfection are not noticable,but this in view,they would not attempt. Harbor frighet has a glue puller ,I have a friend who has a body shop,he said we will figure it out.that what X a dent uses too.
I priced a new one 759 :redfaced:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts