M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!!! I really like this set up and would like to set my nine up like this...few ?'s: What size front tire is that? Is the front forks factory set up w/out the dual rotors? What happened to the rear break? I preciate any answers...thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
The rear brake was transferred the the final drive side (exspenive kit but I am not sure about the manufacturer), and the front wheel looks like a 21''. I know Carlos and his brothers down in Arkansas have dealt with that since either one or two of them are running 21's on the front of their 109's.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for the quick response!!!! I'll try to research the parts and see what i come up with...what about the front end??

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,042 Posts
That is or was JasonZ's bike. I think he sold it a year or two ago.

21" front wheel from Hardcore Products (I think they are Rockstars), caliper removed from the right side fork, left side rear brake relocator kit.

JasonZ was also the one the made the first lowering bones for the 109.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
And if I'm not mistaken you'll need to make some extensions to raise the front fender up enough to clear the tire. Take a close look at the front fender, you'll see what I mean.

Someone here made their own extensions, can't remember who, though.

·
Registered
264 Posts
:verymad:It looks stupid I hate it!:verymad:

Ok I only hate it cause it isnt mine.....looks cool too :edit::edit::edit:!
I need more money!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Front fender extensions

I am finally getting my bike Friday afternoon. The guy I am buying it from has raised the front fender. He told me with the size of front tire on it, it is very close to the tire, and he didn't want a rock to tear it up.

He's done some neat things to the bike already. Relocated tach into cowl, big air, de-beaver, de-badged, 3" extensions, PCIII, Sideburner, throttle lock. I'll get some pics as soon as I can.

Thank you for this forum, it is great.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sumo-X, makes a fender extension bracket you use when installing a 21" front. If you go with a single rotor set-up to show off your new wheels, you should consider going to a 2 piece rotor, and 6 piston caliper on the one side. The front end on that bike looks like it is the stock front end, depending on your budget, you may want to consider adding a +3 degree rake triple tree, to move the front wheel out a bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts