M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since joining this site a while back, I've seen a lot of mud throwing back and forth with guys at the V-Rod Forum, and I must say again it is so childish and immature for grown men to act this way!

I decided to go on their forum and post my thoughts. I think the 109 and the V-Rod are both sleek looking and very fast cruiser bikes and I could be happy with either - though I decided to buy the 109 for several of my own reasons.

I was pleasantly surprised to see how well my thread was accepted by their board members and their attitude was warm and welcoming. I and those that responded agreed on one thing, we love riding and that is our common bond - no matter what bike we own. Those guys are no different than any of us, they love their bikes, they love cruising and they enjoy discussing their experiences, they also don't care what kind of other bikes they go riding along side with.

Like at every forum, there are always a few who need to brag and feel they have something better than anybody else, so it starts a war of words between them and others who love their bikes just as much. I love my 109 and that's why I bought it, but if I had bought a V-Rod I know for a fact I would have loved it just as much, if not for different reasons! I think the V-Rod is a sharp looking bike and the more I see them and M109's the more I'm pleased I bought a cruiser. I think these two bikes have set a new standard for cruisers that is going to be hard to beat.

So lets not put down another bike just because we love ours, the guys riding them love cruising just as much we and are just as happy with their bikes! Even though I've never met them (nor any of you for that matter), I found those guys at the V-Rod forum very friendly and count them as bike brothers, I hope you guys will do the same?

V-Rod Forum Posting
http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41630

All the best,
EFE M109
Ed Frias

G

·
Great Post! Unfortunately, the folks that need to read post like this probably aren't computer types. It seems so simple... Respect each person as a person 1st and then be amazed by all their differences. I think the world would be better off if we could live life like this. John Lennon's "Imagine" comes to mind. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
You hit the nail right on the head,it's about RIDING,and having fun. Remember the first time you rode a bike? I bet you would laugh at the bike now,but you were grinning from ear to ear then :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Right on, agree 100%. I wish for one day all the people of the world could experience what it would be like if everyone had their skin color, looked like they look, talked like they talked, dressed like they dressed.  Why do we attack whats different yet most of us don't like looking in a mirror or having our photo's taken? What fickle beasts we are. I mean would you really want everyone on the rode to be on the same bike, same color, same everything?

This is what you are eluding to when you pursecute someone for their differences. Differences are a great thing, to be respected and appreciated. I am glad I am not like you and your not like me, it makes getting to know someone worthwhile.

Different does not = enemy

Mike,
Sarasota, FL

·
Registered
127 Posts
I agree, I am not trying to make a statement by what I drive.  Some do though like in that commercial people with megaphone proclaiming why they bought their cars, ie "Because my daddy never hugged me".  :doorag:

·
Registered
326 Posts
EFE,
I read your post over there and it gave me the warm fuzzies. :D

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Great post and even better was the great reaction it drew on the "V-Rod forum"....sound like my sort of people! I'll keep waving!

G

·
Nice post!! :bigthumbsup: Too bad all Harley owners arent like that!! Some are down right nasty!! I know....I'm a victim of Harlassment!! LOL!! I live here in Milwaukee, home of die hard Harley owners. Trust me thay are not all that nice!! I'm glad you had a good response from those boys!! To be honest I love Harleys!! I liked the V-Rod before I sat on one....and drove one. Then Hated it because it was NOT comfortable!! When I sat in the 109 for the first time....well....it was like sitting in a Lazyboy for the first time. Like I said in other posts....I never even test drove my 109...I just knew it was the bike for me!! But, thats another topic!! I will ride next to anyone....driving any kind of bike!! TWO WHEELS ARE TWO WHEELS!!! Can I get a A-MEN!!??-HELL :evil:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
hellrazr72 said:
Nice post!! :bigthumbsup: Too bad all Harley owners arent like that!! Some are down right nasty!! I know....I'm a victim of Harlassment!! LOL!! I live here in Milwaukee, home of die hard Harley owners. Trust me thay are not all that nice!! I'm glad you had a good response from those boys!! To be honest I love Harleys!! I liked the V-Rod before I sat on one....and drove one. Then Hated it because it was NOT comfortable!! When I sat in the 109 for the first time....well....it was like sitting in a Lazyboy for the first time. Like I said in other posts....I never even test drove my 109...I just knew it was the bike for me!! But, thats another topic!! I will ride next to anyone....driving any kind of bike!! TWO WHEELS ARE TWO WHEELS!!! Can I get a A-MEN!!??-HELL :evil:
Yo Hellraiser,
That avatar is awfully distracting. Why not use this one instead? Free of charge! By the way, I also own one of those puzzle boxes from the movie. I'm quite a fan of horror movies. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

P.S. EFE,
I think your post was very well stated, but I'm afraid that part of the reason they were so nice to you is you pretty much came right out and said you bought the M109R because you couldn't afford a V-Rod. I think they kinda feel sorry for you and have bolstered some of their beliefs that everyone REALLY wants a HD, but we can't afford one, so we ride cheap knockoffs instead. -sigh- ::)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BlackCherry said:
P.S. EFE,
I think your post was very well stated, but I'm afraid that part of the reason they were so nice to you is you pretty much came right out and said you bought the M109R because you couldn't afford a V-Rod. I think they kinda feel sorry for you and have bolstered some of their beliefs that everyone REALLY wants a HD, but we can't afford one, so we ride cheap knockoffs instead. -sigh- ::)
I don't think they took it that way because I said the 109 was in the price range "I wanted to spend" and "Not what I could afford." Besides, if a guy can buy a 2006 Z06 and a new motorcycle - $5k isn't going to make much difference if I wanted a V-Rod. I think most of the guys that responded were genuine and came across like true bike lovers and not snobs, at least in my opinion.

The last guy that posted and was still arguing the V-Rod was faster because of the horsepower to weight ratio was one of the diehards that just won't let it go, but they're on every forum. To be sceptical or to doubt the sincerity of the guys that welcomed me and were kind is still an attitude that will cause flames, I choose to accept those guys by their word and I believe they were sincere.

Because we all love bike riding and the two bikes mentioned here are without question the hottest cruisers around, I'm not going to get caught up in the "Mines better than yours war." The same thing goes on with Viper vs. new Z06 owners, both cars are monsters and because one is .3 to .5 seconds faster in the quarter is no big deal, they both offer an incredible and fun sports car! I'm just thankful that I'm able to afford these high tech toys even though a little late in my life.

Materialism often does things to some people for the worse, others that worked hard and appreciate what they couldn't afford earlier in life are always thankful and seldom boast because they know what it's like to lack things some of us take for granted. Again, I'm thankful for being able to own a 109 just as many V-Rod owners are to own their bikes. I'm sure there was a time when many of us couldn't afford a used pot to pee in, perhaps we should think back on those times and it might make us all a little more thankful for what we have now?

Peace,
EFE M109

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I agree that the guys that took the time to respond probably were sincere. It's the ones that didn't jump in on it that are sitting back laughing and telling each other "see, he really wanted a V-Rod". I'm just glad that most of the Harley guys really do agree with you (as do I) and that we are all brothers in the wind. But some will knock you on your a$$ if you refer to them as a "brother". ::)

Peace! :doorag:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BlackCherry said:
But some will knock you on your a$$ if you refer to them as a "brother". ::) Peace! :doorag:
That might be called "Brothers in Arms" ((( ;

EFE M109

·
Registered
185 Posts
EFE M109 said:
Materialism often does things to some people for the worse, others that worked hard and appreciate what they couldn't afford earlier in life are always thankful and seldom boast because they know what it's like to lack things some of us take for granted. Again, I'm thankful for being able to own a 109 just as many V-Rod owners are to own their bikes. I'm sure there was a time when many of us couldn't afford a used pot to pee in, perhaps we should think back on those times and it might make us all a little more thankful for what we have now?Â

Peace,
EFE M109
Amen brother . . Wisdom does come with age . . It was nice of you to offer an "olive branch" to the V-Rod guys . . after all we are kind of kindred spirits . . Everyone knows the V-Rod is not a "real" Harley ! ! ! !  :joke: :p :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
414 Posts
All I can say is that it doesn't matter what kind of bike you ride some stupid arsewipe on a cellphone is going to cut you off any moment now...I'm serious, 4 times today I was cut off by an ID10T on a Cell...3 women 1 man....watch yourselves...

G

·
BlackCherry said:
Yo Hellraiser,
That avatar is awfully distracting. Why not use this one instead? Free of charge! By the way, I also own one of those puzzle boxes from the movie. I'm quite a fan of horror movies. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

P.S. EFE,
I think your post was very well stated, but I'm afraid that part of the reason they were so nice to you is you pretty much came right out and said you bought the M109R because you couldn't afford a V-Rod. I think they kinda feel sorry for you and have bolstered some of their beliefs that everyone REALLY wants a HD, but we can't afford one, so we ride cheap knockoffs instead. -sigh-Â ::)
LOL...my name has nothing to do with the Hellraiser movies!! Coolthat you got one ov those boxes though...love to see that!! Sorry my avatar is soo distracting to you. It wont be there very long...I change them quit often!! BTW...your comment to EFE was right on...Thats exactly what I was thinking...just couldnt spit it out!!! Great comment!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
343 Posts
What a sweet and heart warming thread. I think I'm feeling a bit misty. And then all of that "can't we all ride in peace" crap goes out the window when you're lined up next to one at a red light. :D :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts