M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so thankful today! I passed my M1 test at the Long Beach DMV.

A forum member and friend Rudeboy suggested that I rent a scooter to take the test as the 9 is so big. So I rented one for $65.00, which included a test run this last Saturday.

I wasnt feeling confident at all after the test run because I only got a few minutes on the scooter as another guy showed up early to do his practice runs. I was stressing about it for the last few days because I didnt feel like I had enough control over the scooter yet to nail the test.

Today I picked it up 30 minutes prior to the test and I got to practicing right away. I learned if I applied the rear brake while using the throttle I had much more control over the bike.

Showed up to the DMV, and passed the test with flying colors, amen!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a terrible habit of worrying about things too much then when the actual situation arrives, it didnt warrant nearly as much space in my head. Thanks Ooinkk

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,850 Posts
Congrats bro. After riding the 109, smaller bikes tend to seem to be much easier to ride. I like jumping off my bike and riding my wife's S50. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Congrats bro. After riding the 109, smaller bikes tend to seem to be much easier to ride. I like jumping off my bike and riding my wife's S50. :bigthumbsup:
:eek: :eek: :nopic: :D

:congrats: on passing the test.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Your lucky...Here in Utah if you test on a scooter you basically get licensed for scooters. (here it is graduated licenses by CC's)

as of July 1, 2008, House Bill 72S1 repealed all M class licenses. New rules are now in place that require motorcycle riders to be restricted to riding a motorcycle based on the cc size of the motorcycle they are tested on. The three restrictions are:
  • O = 90 cc or lower motorcycle

• 2 = 249 cc or lower motorcycle

• 3 = 649 cc or lower motorcycle
If you are tested on a motorcycle of 650 cc or greater, there will be no restrictions. You will be able to ride any size motorcycle.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I used a Honda Rebel 250 to take my road test. Worked excellently! The 9 is too big to do these DMV road tests on....

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
good for you

I took mine and missed 2 cones and got pi$$ed and said, this is bullchit and just gassed it and stop concerning. I knew I knew how to ride, The DMV guy watched and I wasn't even done and he said OK OK you can ride and passed me, LOL
I used a Suzuki GZ 250 torque y lil thing.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wasnt sure how lenient they would be. There was one instuctor was angry at a car test taker when he found out the test taker didnt have the proper paperwork. He said "Yeah the sooner you leave the sooner you can come back, goodbye!" I was praying he wasnt to be my dude.. and he wasnt!

Riding back to the guys house that I rented the scooter from was a bit akward as that scooter doesnt have nearly the road presence that the 9 does. A sportsbike came ripping by me, cutting through my lane diagonally and missing me by only a few feet, I gassed it to try and pay him back but....nothing.

We are fortunate that we can test on the 50cc and it counts towards our M1, a clutch would only complicate the whole procedure.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all. Half of the fun of succeeding is coming back here and telling you guys, thank you! :p

G

·
Heh, I had a Marauder 800 (predecessor to M50) prior to the 9! Yeah, I looked like a gorilla riding a banana, but the bike was fun and sounded mean with the Hard Kromes!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
yay, you did it, now no tickets please.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good choice on the scooter I did mine in the same location but I took my 109 its much harder with the heaver bike congrats to you keep the speeding to a minimum LRG1800

·
Registered
918 Posts
good job, :bigthumbsup: I went with a friend when he took his test, and after he and all the other people was finished, I tried it on the 9 got everything with out much trouble except for the weaving cones, and I have had my license for years prior to that.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Good job,:bigthumbsup: I went with a friend to take his test, and after he and all the other people was finished I gave it a shot on the 9, passed every thing but for the weaving cones, and I have had my license for years prior to that.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I think I took my test (in 1969) on an early Binelli 175 2 stroke. God how I don't miss that bike

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
yea

Great Job.... :congrats: Have had my licens for around 27 years think I took my test on a yahama 650 special... LOL long time ago.... :doorag: so now u just have to watch out for them :cop: !!!!!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
:congrats:

Back when I took mine, we had to drive around the block. Basically 4 right hand turns. The officer could only see the first stop and turn you made and the last stop and turn you made before you got back to him. I guess they figured if you8 made it around the block & didn't wreck you could drive a 2 wheeler. Passed mine with no problem.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts