M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys and gals I have side burners on my 9 and i made a new bracket for them now I just can`t decide on if I should use it or not HELP!!! stock one is very heavy 15 to 20 pounds new on is maybe 14 onces stock is 2' long buy 8"top to bottom new is 6" buy 1" stock is steel new is alum. Humm what to do what to do... anyone have a sugestion?:joke:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Yeah, I have a suggestion....starting manufacturing that sucker ASAP. I'm sure lots of folks would like one of them! :bigthumbsup::super:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
A straight piece of steel works fine, so if yours fits, go for it. Keep an eye on it for stress cracking as aluminum may have issues with fatiuge in this use.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i shortened my side burners up 10" so this mount will not fit just any side burner but that has crossed my mind to make some for others

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I have an answer for you. Send it to me and I'll "test" it for you.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Sorry...I'm on the fence with this one.:dontknow:

:D

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
That looks nearly like the one that I have. How can you go wrong with a bracket that is under a pound and is hidden behing the sideburner? I shortened my sideburner also and the bracket got shortened too, I love it.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That looks nearly like the one that I have. How can you go wrong with a bracket that is under a pound and is hidden behing the sideburner? I shortened my sideburner also and the bracket got shortened too, I love it.
I kinda used your pic as a starting point was hopeing to get my baby on the road tonight but ran into some trouble hopeing someone here will bail me out thanks guys http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130423

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
If you have part numbers I can see if the local Zuki dealer has them in stock. And if nobody has the parts you need laying around for a good deal then I am sure someone can get them for you from one of their local dealers.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I wanna see pics of this 10" shortened sideburner, and let me know how the bracket holds up I may be interested in buying one from you!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can make them and would be happy to do it but i could make them just like mine and then you would have to cut to fit bracket i guess might be a bit risky that way though

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
have to be able to see that prity crome swing arm :joke: probly should have wiped all the finger prints off it before i took that pic huh?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well that means u will have to leave those bags off too......! ;)
YEP it will be a solo bike when I`m done at least for now can put bags on for trips waitin on S R to start selling those storage boxes or the corbin deal

1 - 19 of 19 Posts