M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well its raining tonight in KC and i got bored so i took the muffler off my 109. i have always wanted to take it off so i thought that tonight it would come off....

should i leave it off or put it back on??

Muffler on

Muffler off

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Short pipes looks cool!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
ON

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's whatever:dontknow: floats YOUR boat but looks :doorag:cool off:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
well its raining tonight in KC and i got bored so i took the muffler off my 109. i have always wanted to take it off so i thought that tonight it would come off....

should i leave it off or put it back on??

Muffler on

Muffler off

I have same pipe how does it sound? I tried to take baffle out but could not. have you?

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i tried and tried to get that dam thing out but couldnt.......:verymad:

so i guess that this is the next best thing. i started it at the back of the garage and its definitely louder thats for sure. im going to ride it tomorrow ill get back to you then.:evil:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i've never been a fan of the how the sideburner looks, so i vote for leaving it off. it looks much better with the shorter pipes.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
I think it would look better if you left the muffler on, but shortened up the front pipes to take the bend out of them. With as low as your bike is, it looks like the muffler droops. I kind of like them lined up with the swingarm.

JMHO. :D

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
It looks better on, but it seems that it is angled to low. But with out it it exposes a lot of things that look better covered. So for me it is a draw.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I know it's one man's opinion, but I LOVE the look of short pipes....it really gives it a stripped down look....goes well with your fender. Personally I want the Bassani's, and if you're not wanting to spend the $ to buy those then that's about as good as it gets. Reminds me a lot of the Samson shorties on my bro's Warrior.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
chrome is NOT an option......... :evil:
I couldn't agree with you more!! :bigthumbsup:

i've never been a fan of the how the sideburner looks, so i vote for leaving it off. it looks much better with the shorter pipes.
That isn't the sideburner... Velocity lites if I'm not mistaken...

I am partial to that exhaust but I have to say... I am loving the look of it OFF!!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
It looks good with it on.

It looks ok with it off.

It would look great either wit some kind of tips or if you shortened the header pipes and put the muffler back on.

JMHO

1 - 20 of 60 Posts