M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few weeks ago, a bunch of 109 members met at the dragon, and Ooink e-mailed me to check out the pictures on facebook.

I'm not much into network socializing, so, I didn't have a facebook page, but I wanted to see the pics and joined up.

Let's rewind 25 years....

I was married and had a beautiful little girl that was whisked away in a heartbeat and alienated from everyone who loved her. Without going into a lot of details, I think Mama was beginning to suffer from a chemical imbalance. she made it next to impossible to locate my little girl, because there was no one to call for information, and there was no internet.

I found her briefly in 1995, but Mama found out quickly and disappeared again. I was able to write a couple letters to my daughter, and she sent me a beautiful pencil rose drawing. I've kept that forever.

Now, Let's fast forward to last Fathers day when I was looking around facebook. There are over 200 people on there with her name, and looking for a little girl I only remember as 3 years old was getting nowhere. Then I saw a page with a drawing as the avatar, and remembered the rose she drew for me 15 years ago. I clicked on that account, and everything fell into place all at once. city, birthdate, and her and her boyfriend have a art/tattoo studio.

here's where it gets fun, 3 days from when I found her, I just happened to be headed to her city for a family reunion, and brought a copy of the rose picture with me. I waited outside the studio for her to come into work, They only do custom work and, I told her I had been admiring her photo's on the website and said I had a sketch I'd like her to look at. (she didn't know who I was). And, I just blended in with the other customers. After that... let's just say it was a VERY emotional and happy week for us, and we have a LOT of catching up to do.

So, Ooink..... This one's for you my friend...

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I'm to soft hearted for this..............:congrats: it brings tears to my eyes. I hope we can all meet her one day:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
AWWW MAN THATS GREAT !!!!!!

the world is geting smaller and smaller aint it !!!!
i saw that Pic on your facebook page and almost made a comment ,:redfaced: shes a Real Cutie ,
you make pretty babies bra :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
838 Posts
That is one of the most touching stories I've read. It's evil on how whicked some parents can become preventing the other to be part of their child's life.
Good thing is, you found her! Now you are able to continue building that father daughter relationship that been paused for so many years.
Congratulations on the reunion.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Very Cool!! And an awesome Story bro!!! :bigthumbsup: I cant even imagine not have my daughters in my life, they are very precious to me!! HANG ON TO HER !!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
very cool

:congrats: Roger.

I can only imagine the emotions you are going through. I trust that the 2 of you will stay well connected from now on. I am so happy for you man.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Great! What an inspiring story. As crappy as Facebook can be, there is good in it sometimes. I guess it is a function of what goes in comes out. Thanks for sharing.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
rob doesnt normally drink but i think he would drink one for this celebration! very cool story! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
This kind of thing only happens in the movies! This qualifies as a real tear jerker! So happy you found her Roger! Talk about a family reunion, WOW!:bigthumbsup: See ya soon Bro!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Congratulations man, that is awesome! I'm happy for you guys!
I can't believe why woman do this **** all time, not letting the kids see their dad. Unreal, hope it comes back to bite them.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
Roger, that's an amazing story and thanks so much for sharing it. It takes a good man to go that many years and still have the heart to continue searching. I know you're glad you did. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
315 Posts
What they said....simply an awesome story!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am so glad you finally found her. You are both lucky to have each other. Take care

·
Registered
300 Posts
daughter

That is one of the most heart warming stoires i have heard in a long time...I could not imagine not having my daughter with me..Ill drink to that!!

E

1 - 20 of 28 Posts