M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have been riding in some steel toe work boots. These boots are killing my feet, I would like some input from you all to see what good and bad out there.

I have been looking at the Vega Matrix boots, have any on tried they?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Some may laugh at me but I wear cheap insulated work boots from Walmart, that's right Herman Survivors, they are comfortable and insulated boots breath better than all leather boots. I do have a high dollar pair of motorcycle boots but I prefer the insulated work boots in black.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I have been using my station boots. They are canvas upper with leather lowers and sole, but I was talking to my LT who rides so much he puts a set of tires on every year. He asked me a great question about ridding boots; "If you go down, are those going to help your feet? You know without Kevlar, or armor, your ankles are going to snap. You have seen it on how many T A's?" and he is right. So now I am hunting for some good looking boots with armor. Steel toe will not help. I want full armor.

·
Registered
608 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Some may laugh at me but I wear cheap insulated work boots from Walmart, that's right Herman Survivors, they are comfortable and insulated boots breath better than all leather boots. I do have a high dollar pair of motorcycle boots but I prefer the insulated work boots in black.
:agree: herman survivors makes a black duty boot (swat style) thats very comfortable. they replaced my icon superduty 3's when they wore out.
walmart has them clearanced from $49 down to $25 right now. they are just as comfortable as my $130 icons and alot lighter. ive paid alot for boots that were hard as a rock and dang near crippled me on long trips, never again. buy whats comfortable for you, it doesnt have to cost alot. when your pant cuffs are pulled down over the tops of the boots, they all look the same anyways.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,947 Posts
Whatever you get, make sure they have a good stiff toe. I have 3 different types I wear and it's unbelievable how much better the bike shifts with stiff toed boots. Mine does best with a pair of steel toed short boots, but like you they aren't the most comfortable to wear. I have a pair of the Herman Survivors too but they don't have the stiffest toe in them. It still shifts OK but not as positive as it does with the steel toes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the input. I will look into the boots everybody suggested.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
408 Posts
me too, regular work boots is the best.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I found a pair of Harley Davidson boots that are really comfortable. Made in China...:nojoke:

Think I'll try out the Hermans next time!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Doesn't matter

I've been down more than I care to admit...and one thing is for sure my feet and ankles were always fine where what feels good and covers your feet and ankles. I've also been to dozens of M C crashes and they only ones that the boots came off on were fatals, so it won't matter to you anyway..

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I need a new pair of boots too, but I want a pair that won't roast your feet. I need something that breathes. Right now I'm wearing a pair of my old military boots with the mesh on the sides, so they allow a good bit of air to flow through them which prevents them from being too hot on hot days. Problem is, they're ugly as hell.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts