M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the bike over to the shop today to get an estimate on the damage.......$9000.00 and you can't see anything wrong unless you get up close.  All it took was to break the little handle bar stop and they wrote up a new frame.   Here is what parts cost.
Muffler $1336
frame $2643
break pedal  $99
bracket, front foot  $279
gas tank $768
tank emblem $30
head light cowl $89
fender $139
mirror $63
break lever $71
upper bracket $271
under bracket $451
front disc break $210
laber $1400
I left a bunch of the smaller stuff out but you get the picture.  My problem now is what the hell should I do now.  I had 1875 miles on it in 2 months but after riding it to the shop this morning, I felt a bit queezy.  Even that small accident shakes a person up when you think about how it would have been with even 10 or 15 mph more.  Do I wait till the 07's come out or should I try and get a new one right away.  If I would get a new one asap, how long would I have to wait till they found one anyway.  I had it paid for so I would have a large chunk of change in the checking account again, but what the hell good does it do me there? I am at a loss here. I hope I don't have any issues with his insurance company or that doctor visit I had this morning will turn into months of therapy for them.  Anyway, what do you guy's think?  I'm 50/50 on what to do. I all of a sudden feel like a stranger to this site with out a bike in the garage.

·
Registered
78 Posts
dont fret brother, let the insurance company total it..get the check. then see if you can buy it back from them! If you can now you can mod the sheit out of it and it wont cost you a dime...GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
181 Posts
ditch said:
My problem now is what the hell should I do now. I had 1875 miles on it in 2 months but after riding it to the shop this morning, I felt a bit queasy. Even that small accident shakes a person up when you think about how it would have been with even 10 or 15 mph more. Do I wait till the 07S come out or should I try and get a new one right away.  Anyway, what do you guy's think? I'm 50/50 on what to do. I all of a sudden feel like a stranger to this site with out a bike in the garage.
I guess that my question to you would be this - sounds like you're a bit shaken up by the accident (which is natural for a person). Â So, what (for you) would be different if you waited for an 07 vs. getting another bike now??? Â Do you feel if you were to wait for an 07, that your "queasy" feeling would be significantly dimminished and you would feel comfortable getting back on a bike? Â Or, would getting back on a bike now be better for you?

Inevitably the decision to get back on a bike or take some time off is a personal choice that only the individual can make based on what they believe to be the best decision for them.

Which ever way you go brother, just make sure it's right for you  :doorag:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ditch, I feel you on having some trouble with the ride after the accident. I thought it was just me and was thinking last night about posting a thread to see if being overly focused on the bike staying up is a natural thing or something that will be overcome with time. Can't enjoy the ride for the paranoia!
As it relates to replacing the bike I think it depends on whether you want to get back riding qickly or take time to regroup. I am praying for you brother and sympathize with your dilemma. Let us know what you decide and be careful.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only bad thing about it is I kinda like it the way it was. I'm not really into all the extra hp and loud pipes thing. Plenty fast for me and it won't feel right knowing my bike was in a wreck. I'm funny that way. Want the bike flawless, and to get it back to that point It would cost a pretty penny for all the parts I listed. Plus I would still have a wrecked bike in my opinion. I don't buy anything used either. I like to know that my ass was the only one that sat on it. know what I mean?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
The longer you wait the harder it may be to ride again. The old adage about getting back on the horse is true.

I agree. There is nothing like new. Have the insurance company total it. Then list the price here and someone will buy it if possible.
then go buy another bike right away and start feeling good about it again.
If you ask we will all go to our local dealers and find what they have on the floor for you. (Black here in Marietta GA a week ago, may still be there) Then you can have it shipped to you if you like. I pointed somone to a bike a month ago who did that... Or ride it home. If you buy it here I will follow you home for atleast the first 200 miles.
Always remember. Once a member, never a stranger.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I know what you mean, when my R1 was stolen and recovered I didn't want it back. Why don't you let them total it and take the check and get a brand new one. If you are anywhere near MD cycles USA has black one on the floor right now, get back in the saddle. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Town and Country Motorsports in Chandler AZ has a black and a silver on the floor, I asked the other day if they would do a dealer swap for a 109r for another member here and the dealer said that they would trade for a Rino, or a Polaris. This dealer is one of many in the RideNow chain.

Have the insurance co total it, and get a new one.

Get back on the horse.

TAZ

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Joshua_109 said:
I would definately let them total it and buy a new one. And you have to be the judge if you are ready to get back on or if you want a little time off and then get the 07 model! 8)
Bad thing about the 07's, no silver. Thats my baby, gotta have silver

1 - 13 of 13 Posts