M109 Rider Forums banner

i need some advice

959 views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  JAY G 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok long story short, I dropped my rims off to someone that opened a business called ct chrome polish alittle while back now he told me he can have his guy powder coat the inners of my stocks and he will then polish the outer lips for $400.00 and they will be done in 3 weeks well after the 3 weeks came up i called him and he said hes having alittle trouble with them and it will be a week or so longer so now i contact him again about a month and a half later and he says something came up and i had to put them aside for awhile so i question him and he hangs up on me (keep in mind hes a retired police officer K9 of 24 years) and is hanging up on people like a little kid, Ok so now month #2 i call him and he gives me more bulls*** so i question him again and he gets loud and hanges up on me again so now im rippen he leaves a message on my phone that hes starting back up on them and wont be much longer, now were on month #3 same routine i call him and he says the rims didn't polish and now their warped due to the rims bad metal, So now im pacing and tell him to give me my deposit back and pay for the rims he says that the rims were bad and to come get the ruined rims and no return of the deposit and hangs up do you beleive this s*** Im sick to my stomach, Now how can i even call the cops and go there because hes connected with all of them for the last 24 years working with them. Ok hopefully soon small claims court but what i really want to know is how to put him on the better business beuro with bad reviews so i can atleast hit him in the pockets and advise everyone about him. I lost 1/2 the season already:verymad:

See less See more
#2 ·
This is a civil matter, so you do not want cops involved anyway.

Small claims court is a good place to start.

The BBB is a waste of your time. Unless he has a listing with them, your complaint will just become a part of his file. Plus, the BBB is impotent and largely just a place for pissed off customers to vent. Do you ever go the the BBB before you shop? Nobody does.

#4 ·
Well, first! draw up a time line of events with dates, times, and what transpired on those dates-----conversations, messages, voice mails, emails, ...... Then document in that time line money transactions also. Contact your local BBB with his company name and all the info.. You now have a case against him in small claims with documentation and actions to show---if he shows. His name isn't Ron by chance or maybe Ron's brother is it?

#5 ·
No its not Ron but alls i have is a receipt with the deposit i left him so whats gonna happen is its gonna be my word against his and with his nice 24 year PD work background i might be in alittle trouble just because of that, Now the only way im thinking to hurt him is some how with his business taking a hit but i just don't know the right way to do it yet

#8 ·
Thanks GRAMPS i really appreciate it I seriously think i could of done a better job protecting myself in this situation i dont know how but im sure there are more than 1 ways to do it My problem is i trusted this guy because he seemed like a real nice guy with some nice work that he showed me that he did and he also told me i will get a DVD of the whole job from each phase of the job so with that being said i was sold ya know i was just so excited to be getting my rims done i really didn't think ahead, So heres the start of along road ahead. Thanks for all the advice and i will keep you posted on the turn out.

#9 ·
Where are you? If you are close, I will lend yo u my stock set. If I am not close, I am sure there is someone out there that is near you and would lend them to you.

#10 ·
A court summons does wonders in getting a response from someone. I think we're a "sue happy" nation, but this is a time it's really warranted. Gather all the info you can, as suggested above, and I would also get pictures of what others have done to polish these to show they aren't bad metal. Bad metal doesn't mean they won't polish, it just means there may be spots in them that don't polish as well. But in the past these have always polished up well.

I wouldn't worry so much about him being a cop for many years either. Most cops don't support their own when they know they are doing something wrong.

#12 ·
A court summons does wonders in getting a response from someone. I think we're a "sue happy" nation, but this is a time it's really warranted. Gather all the info you can, as suggested above, and I would also get pictures of what others have done to polish these to show they aren't bad metal. Bad metal doesn't mean they won't polish, it just means there may be spots in them that don't polish as well. But in the past these have always polished up well.

I wouldn't worry so much about him being a cop for many years either. Most cops don't support their own when they know they are doing something wrong.
:agree: don't let the fact that he is a retired cop intimidate you into not defending your rights as a consumer. just be sure to take the proper steps and document everything so that you have a proper case against this person.
good luck with your situation, i hope you get it straightened out quickly.

#11 ·
How did you pay him? If you paid with a credit card you might also try contacting your card issuer (i.e., Visa) and explain the situation to them. They may not be able to get you new rims but they might get your money back for you.

#14 ·
If he has a legit business, go to your state's Attorney General. They will act as middleman. It may save you small claims. I've had excellent luck with my Attorney General getting things resolved for me, and promptly.

Good luck with your bad situation...

#15 ·
My question is how in the heck did he warp them.Sounds like he is still giving crap.Get your rims back and do what Square Rounder advised you to do!:doorag:Warped rims warped imagination.Always remember cops are people and they screw up to???

#16 ·
Well i contacted my attorney and he advised me not to go over his house and step foot on his property (this is where he runs his so called business) and to come down monday morning to start the paper work for small claims, And i know what your saying about hard to warp a rim but like zoom says there might be bad spots in the rim and im guessing that he grinded the rim instead of sanded it on those spots, And L.T.T. thanks for the support as usual i remember talking to you at marcus dairy and telling you that i would have my rims back that week and send you a pic of them Well dont hold your breath for that lol anyways i want to give TSUMMIT a BIG shout out for sending me his rims and tires i really appreciate it and to everyone on here for hearing my drama and willing to help me out i can't say enough about the men and woman on this site thank you very much...Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.