M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on the new light(see attached photo) and I had a HID installed. The only issue is that the high bulb is a regular yellow and that is not what I want. I was told that if you have both bulbs HID then there can be a delay when switching from low to high and that you have to have 2 capacitors. I need some help here. Is there a low/high that works with one capacitor or does it take 2. Is there a delay when you flip from low to high.

Help me out.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
There's a HID bulb called Bi-xenon. The light has a shield around it to limit how much light is put out for the low beam. When you flip on the high beam, a magnet moves the shield and you get the high beam. I have it on my bike, and it works great.

-Josh

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the same style...uses only one bulb and ballast. The magnet moves the bulb in and out of the nacelle to allow more light to get out on the road. All it does is move about 1/4 inch, but it raises the beam up a lot higher in the road. No delay at all, as soon as you hit the switch it's bright.

SL8ON

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
There's a HID bulb called Bi-xenon. The light has a shield around it to limit how much light is put out for the low beam. When you flip on the high beam, a magnet moves the shield and you get the high beam. I have it on my bike, and it works great.

-Josh
Can you change to this bulb using your existing HID kit or do you have to buy it as a kit?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
RedBullSushi, you just have to match your bulb style ( mine's a H4 bulb) to the kit you want. PM sent.

Big B, you can't just use the bulb. The ballast also has the relay that controls the magnet that trigger the high/low beam.

-Josh

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
RedBullSushi, you just have to match your bulb style ( mine's a H4 bulb) to the kit you want. PM sent.

Big B, you can't just use the bulb. The ballast also has the relay that controls the magnet that trigger the high/low beam.

-Josh
Thanks, kinda figured as much. Not buying another kit, lol.

·
Radio Active Member
27,687 Posts
I assume you guys saw the picture so you think it will work with my style light?
I would see now problems with it. A&R makes a kit that does that. And you can fit the components under the tank if room is an issue. I will post a link of how the install looks. There is a group buy price on A&R's kits. Let me know if you are interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts