M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's, I just got some chrome fork tube covers upper/lower.:clap2: Do anyone have these on their bike and is there a how to out here. I thought that they where the kind that you just stick/bolt on but it looks like you have to do some mechanical work here and that is not my cup of tea. I'm willing to try if I know that I have the right info and tools but with these weak instruction I will not get caught scraching my head. :dontknow:

·
Registered
180 Posts
all you need is the lift and hexagonal wrench..you open the triple-tree bolts (upper 1+1 and 2+2 lower)..then pull the forks out, put onto the lower chrome tubes, push fork back through the lower triple-tree, install upper tube and push the fork to it's original position, tighten the bolts and your'e done..:dontknow: (just be sure to put something under rear wheel first as the front end becomes very light as soon the fork is released..)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
very easy to do just make sure you don't forget to put the rubber o-ring gaskets on to keep the the fork tubes from rattleing and moving!!! i love mine111

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
all you need is the lift and hexagonal wrench..you open the triple-tree bolts (upper 1+1 and 2+2 lower)..then pull the forks out, put onto the lower chrome tubes, push fork back through the lower triple-tree, install upper tube and push the fork to it's original position, tighten the bolts and your'e done..:dontknow: (just be sure to put something under rear wheel first as the front end becomes very light as soon the fork is released..)
Dude I love the custom rearend on your bike and the slammed bobbed rear fender!!!!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
It's not that hard, just a little time consuming, especially for a first timer (like I was). Just mark and separate your bolts/screws. Oh, and remove the front wheel, it makes it a lot easier, especially if your doing it alone.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:bigthumbsup: Thanks guys, I think I will give it a shot this weekend. Be on standby in case I get overwhelmed !!! lol !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts