M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have "insulted" my clutch trying (and failing miserably) to do burnouts last night
I am sure that adjusting it would be easy if I knew where to start.....
I have not walked back over to the garage yet. Is the adjustment up top by the lever?
OR down low somewhere? If so, where down low?
I am generally pretty good mechanically all I need is a few hints....

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I need clutch help

could I have really smoked it in 3 tries? I never smelled burning clutch...

·
Registered
752 Posts

Pop the rubber protector off of the clutch handle. Adjust the clutch out, put more tension on it. Put it in first and pull in the clutch and rev the engine. See if the bike moves at all.

If it doesn't move but is still slipping when engaged it's trouble brother.

·
Registered
346 Posts

Sledxep, you are cursed.

1. Dropped bike.
2. Front fender fell off.
3. Can't do burn outs.
4. Fried clutch.

·
Registered
600 Posts

Remove this cover, pull and release the clutch handle a couple of times. You'll see the cable move and where to adjust it.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

pizzmor said:
Sledxep, you are cursed.

1. Dropped bike.
2. Front fender fell off.
3. Can't do burn outs.
4. Fried clutch.
Am I?? I think I am lucky

1. Dropped bike. // Only lasting damage is a broken turn signal that was going to be replaced (plus my forearm is the color of my bike) Now thats custom! Try that with Silver!!!!
2. Front fender fell off. // caught it in time, dealer apologized
3. Can't do burn outs. // Saves $$ for grips/lights/pegs etc
4. Fried clutch. // dipped in bread crumbs added hotsauce... dealer tasted it and thinks it stinks. they are contacting Suzuki to try and warranty it
5. Dealer noticed the scratches under the speedo glass today while looking at clutch... part on order
6. I own the Burple.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Trouble_Is said:
Remove this cover, pull and release the clutch handle a couple of times. You'll see the cable move and where to adjust it.

Thanks but its in the dealers hands already. Next time...

·
Registered
817 Posts

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but... no way Suzuki will cover a clutch under warranty.

No way, no how. Ain't happening. Clutches are specifically excluded in the warranty.

There was a girl who had a clutch problem on a nearly new S50 on VolusiaRiders.com. She had the dealer, the regional Suzuki rep, AND about 100 members of the board go to bat for her. It ended up getting kicked all the way to Suzuki Japan, and still no dice. Dealer was a cool guy cut the labor charge in half to replace it, though.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts

sledzep01 said:
Am I?? I think I am lucky

1. Dropped bike. // Only lasting damage is a broken turn signal that was going to be replaced (plus my forearm is the color of my bike) Now thats custom! Try that with Silver!!!!
2. Front fender fell off. // caught it in time, dealer apologized
3. Can't do burn outs. // Saves $$ for grips/lights/pegs etc
4. Fried clutch. // dipped in bread crumbs added hotsauce... dealer tasted it and thinks it stinks. they are contacting Suzuki to try and warranty it
5. Dealer noticed the scratches under the speedo glass today while looking at clutch... part on order
6. I own the Burple.
Well it's almost over. You only have two more bad things to happen to you. :a20:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Wanted said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but... no way Suzuki will cover a clutch under warranty.

No way, no how. Ain't happening. Clutches are specifically excluded in the warranty.

There was a girl who had a clutch problem on a nearly new S50 on VolusiaRiders.com. She had the dealer, the regional Suzuki rep, AND about 100 members of the board go to bat for her. It ended up getting kicked all the way to Suzuki Japan, and still no dice. Dealer was a cool guy cut the labor charge in half to replace it, though.
Dont kill my BUZZ Wanted....
It will be a long shot I know. At the very least my dealer is trying.
Plus it happened right after my first service where I believe they are supposed to check these things....

Either way I WANT IT BACK NOW!!!!
GIMME GIMME GIMME!

·
Registered
817 Posts

No idea. You still might not need a whole new clutch. You could have just broken the clutch basket, or sheared a bearing, or melted some plates together. Could have happened to anyone.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Wanted said:
No idea. You still might not need a whole new clutch. You could have just broken the clutch basket, or sheared a bearing, or melted some plates together. Could have happened to anyone.
Could have...
But you are now experiencing THE ROWE EFFECT!!! (please insert ominous echo here)
As you can see I generally run into some bad luck...
BUT always turn it around to be a positive in my favor....
Just waiting to see what that is this time :D

·
Registered
817 Posts

sledzep01 said:
Could have...
But you are now experiencing THE ROWE EFFECT!!! (please insert ominous echo here)
As you can see I generally run into some bad luck...
BUT always turn it around to be a positive in my favor....
Just waiting to see what that is this time :D
Sorry... when I said "it could have happened to anyone," I meant "it could only have happened to SledZep"... LOLOLOL

You are like Jerry Seinfeld. Everything balances out for you in the end. :D

·
Registered
1,046 Posts

So what ended up happening?? Did you get it covered under warranty or how much was the repair?? I think I may have experienced the same thing you did! SUCKS!! :verymad:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts