M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see winshields on some bikes on this site, but they don't seem high enough. I don't want a car winshield, but what i show here works o.k. at 70 or less and then the shakes get started to where is unbearable on real windy days, should I get one thats chest high or is it the shape of the one I have. I also need mirrors that sticks out beyond the stocks, having wide shoulders makes me have to swing out to see behind me. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
O.K....... now lets see if can actually get something productive on the feedback, this is the second time I asked pp to not waste my time with cute little comments, hey bud give me a break from your opinions without the bla, bla, bla, I have a wife that takes care of that department, I like to assume we are all men (or cool ladies) on this site. I don't get off in the back and forth game, so you win Buddy, you win Buddy.

G

·
EL said:
I see winshields on some bikes on this site, but they don't seem high enough. I don't want a car winshield, but what i show here works o.k. at 70 or less and then the shakes get started to where is unbearable on real windy days, should I get one thats chest high or is it the shape of the one I have. I also need mirrors that sticks out beyond the stocks, having wide shoulders makes me have to swing out to see behind me. Any suggestions.
check out direct line parts (click the icon top left hand corner of this page) then go to windshields hal will hook you up

·
Registered
898 Posts
EL,

Sorry I don't have the answer for you cause I am still looking for the same answer myself.... I have yet to find a windshield that is what I am willing to plop down the $$ they are asking for it... There are some strong opinions on here about windshields... Only you know what fits for you... I am looking for something that is bigger or taller mostly than what I have seen so far... it has to have easy on off ability.... something I have not seen yet in a bigger sized shield.... For now its fine but come winter time I won't be riding with my nuts hanging out in the breeze.... I have been riding for 25 years and I have had a buttload of bikes and the naked bikes always ended up sitting in the garage in the winter... I don't do rain period.... so anyway I am right there with you in the search, the only windshield I have seen so far that even comes close to what I will need is in the pics section but the cowl had to be cut for it to work and I won't be doing that so...... If you find anything let me know and I will do the same... but for now I don't think it exists...

khrome

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Krome: thanks I'll be sure to post it as soon as I find one, I know the one you describe, but (no disrespect intended to the owner) I want one without the metal h frame, almost like what I have or the shooter just higher. Tijiman: could you give me the link to your post.

·
Registered
898 Posts
metal bracket does'nt bother me because realistically you have to either have the bars like yours has or the metal frame... and the bars are never gonna be quick disconnect like i want .... so mine will prolly have to have them to get the size i want and the detachability i want... anyway .... there are some of the ones that have been posted on here i really like just not quite big enough to get the job done for me....

khrome

·
Registered
135 Posts
El I am sorry I do not know how to get to the thread directly. Use the search function using mirror as the search item. My original post was April 20, 2006. If you send me an e-mail I will give you the info from my invoices. I used a Mean Streak mirror extender with the stock mirrors. Really lets you see the road and not your shoulders.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
wow, ppridgen1 that site has some cool ass mirrors. i wasn't in the market for mirrors, but i think thats about to change. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PP: Hey now.... that's more like it and I truly thank you for sharing your knowledge with a rookie biker. That is some sweet mirrors!

G

·
i thought his promblem (EL) was that he wanted to be able to see past his shoulders? that's what the bar end mirror does but the gloves did look cool

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Joet: yeah, I am looking for something to help my see past my shoulders, but I'm just looking to replace my existing mirrors due to the fact that I love my grip ends too much. I have to tell you those end mirrors look way cool.. maybe something for the future.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i got the same problem el. i see longer mirrors in the very near future. let us know what ya decide on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts