M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 109R/1800R with Cobra Dragsters ( no O2 sensors)
I'm now doing my 6000KM service and I'm thinking of installing a PC III and perhaps a JSD-3m.
The bike runs well but has a big problem with popping and really loud bangs.
Is there a PCIII map for stock intake and Cobra Dragsters.
Will the JSD mod change anything for the PCIII?
Will the PCIII solve my pops and loud bangs?

I'm doing my 6000KM service on the 24th and I hope you guys can give some advice before that.

Jesper

·
Registered
11 Posts
well for starters the bike comes from the factory in a lean state to pass emmisions, by putting on the pipes it will make the engine run leaner and cause popping, the pc3 will fine tune the mapping of the fuel system by making the engine richer in areas of rpms.. powercommander as of right no i just got a e-mail back from them only has a map for stock air fliter and exhaust.. my advice would be to get the pc3 or equvilent and take it to a autherized dynojet tuning facility, @ powercommander.com they have a list with placed all over that do it.. also may be a good idea to take it to a place that also has a dyno and then they could really fine tune the bike for exactly what you have on it...

G

·
Heres a link to download the M109r maps from DynoJet. I'm not sure how to use the download...i think you need to download other software first...then plug your computer into your powercommander via a usb cord. They always are upgrading pipes and intake senerios as more become available on the market. Hope this helps!!

http://www.powercommander.com/suppsuzmaps.shtml

Find m109r at the bottom of the page. You will see "here", click on that...on that page there is a space where you can enter your e-mail address. They will then e-mail you as new downloads become available for different applications of intake and exhaust for the m109r!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well, I just downloaded their software and opened up the stock map in it and I must say I have no idea what they hell I am looking at :redfaced: I would appreciate it if someone wouldn't mind telling me what benefits you get ? I am up on computers and really dig'em and I was wondering about the SDS tool they use to check the bike with at the dealer. It looks they you could tweak the hell out of the 9. AAHhhh !!!! Just got a crazy idea, does anyone know where I can find the SDS tool for sale, I am pretty sure I can get the Suzuki Diagnostic disk :evil:

G

·
Dude,

Take the bike to a Dyno Tuner it is worth the 100.00.

These guys that are guessing about what you need to do are just going to confuse the hell out of you.

And by the way the bike is not lean from the factory. It is acutaly rich below 4000 RPM.

Get all of your mods on, air , pipe, power commander and take it to the Metric Dyno Guy in your area.

I might acutualy believe this guy if he had more that 4 post and maybe a posted dyno sheet.

Search on "Thunder Air Kit" for some real info on what the bike is doing on the Dyno and what you are looking to have a professional do for you.

TAZ

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
raw_taz said:
Dude,

Take the bike to a Dyno Tuner it is worth the 100.00.

These guys that are guessing about what you need to do are just going to confuse the hell out of you.

And by the way the bike is not lean from the factory. It is acutaly rich below 4000 RPM.

Get all of your mods on, air , pipe, power commander and take it to the Metric Dyno Guy in your area.

I might acutualy believe this guy if he had more that 4 post and maybe a posted dyno sheet.

Search on "Thunder Air Kit" for some real info on what the bike is doing on the Dyno and what you are looking to have a professional do for you.

TAZ
Thanx
Doing a seperate Dyno for my bike is the best but in Sweden it does'nt cost $100 it costs allmost $400.
Is the thunder air kit available for the 109?

G

·
Singer71 said:
Thanx
Doing a seperate Dyno for my bike is the best but in Sweden it does'nt cost $100 it costs allmost $400.
Is the thunder air kit available for the 109?
That is a bummer what do you get for 400, how much time, runs?

We will have maps for the Thunder Kits you can download and should have you very close prior to your trip to the Dyno.

They are shipping in the end of this week beginning of next week.

Will be there today.

TAZ

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
raw_taz said:
That is a bummer what do you get for 400, how much time, runs?

We will have maps for the Thunder Kits you can download and should have you very close prior to your trip to the Dyno.

They are shipping in the end of this week beginning of next week.

Will be there today.

TAZ
Thanx again!
For the $400 you get a full mapping for your bike.
How much is that air kit and do they ship to Sweden?

Jesper

1 - 9 of 9 Posts