M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I don't know to call the piece so I will describe it.

When my bike got brought home my b/f was unloading it in the pouring rain by himself off the ramp.

It caught the right side plastic lower chrome "chin piece" on the bottom of the radiator and broke it. It is still hanging on with some glue, but it doesn't look like it will last long.

Can I get these without buying it from Suzuki?

I see you guys replacing your radiators with some other "chin piece", do you have any of these left over?

I am sorry I don't know what the name of the piece is. Chin piece seems right.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I believe you are talking about part #1

They are over $100 from a dealer, but used replacements should not be hard to find.

The actual name of the part is the 'Frame Body Cover', but if you post wtb in the 4-sale section and watch ebay, you should be able to find a replacement.

Also, Right and Left is not a great description as it leave room for interpretation. Brake-side or Clutch-side makes sure you get the one you need.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Hey Blondie, I think your in for your first official Razzzzzing or maybe they will let ya slide. Im sure one of the local riders wont mind selling you thier lower radiator shroud pieces. Your bf is brave unloading that beast by himself in the rain. If you cant get one I bought the chin spoiler in the group buy but mine wont ship out for some time.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
im in the same situation, i broke mine the same way when i unloaded it when i brought it home. 1am in the morning & in the rain. :edit:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OKAY then.....I need a brake side lower radiator shroud piece thingie.

OK and square rounder, that diagram doesn't help me much. Nothing on there looks like it.

If you look on my bike in my picture. The lower chrome piece at the bottom of the radiator in the corner under the brake handle side.

That thingie there.......:D

·
xxx
210 Posts

OK and square rounder, that diagram doesn't help me much. Nothing on there looks like it.

If you look on my bike in my picture. The lower chrome piece at the bottom of the radiator in the corner under the brake handle side.

First off, no one even notices that there is a motorcycle in your picture. Something else is distracting them.

If you took a picture of the broken part then someone would be certain of the piece that you need. If it is part of the chin spoiler, there will shortly be about 80 of them as surplus. If you're willing to hold off for a couple of months I don't think that you'll have a problem getting one.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

OK. I have circled part 1 from the diagram on a picture from your album.

That 'thingie';)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
First off, no one even notices that there is a motorcycle in your picture. Something else is distracting them.

If you took a picture of the broken part then someone would be certain of the piece that you need. If it is part of the chin spoiler, there will shortly be about 80 of them as surplus. If you're willing to hold off for a couple of months I don't think that you'll have a problem getting one.
You guys are sweet. My first day here, I said I just got my bike. Everyone said OK we need a pic to prove it. So I did that. Then everyone at work wanted a pic. Then my grandfather. My grandfather rode a Harley back in the 40s. He can't believe his granddaughter rides. Nobody ever wanted a pic of my last bike.......lol. I am used to being a TomBoy and men not believing I do some of the things I do. I also have a Miata Turbo that I have been known to embarrass more than one guy driving his "manly" Corvette at a light next to me.

So anyway. Square Rounder did a wonderful favor for me and highlighted it in the pic.

And yes I can wait no problem. But should I ask what everyone is changing to and why?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK. I have circled part 1 from the diagram on a picture from your album.

That 'thingie';)
SQUARE ROUNDER.....YEP that is the piece. TY sir. I appreciate it. That thingie there.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
You guys are sweet. My first day here, I said I just got my bike. Everyone said OK we need a pic to prove it. So I did that. Then everyone at work wanted a pic. Then my grandfather. My grandfather rode a Harley back in the 40s. He can't believe his granddaughter rides. Nobody ever wanted a pic of my last bike.......lol.

So anyway. Square Rounder did a wonderful favor for me and highlighted it in the pic.

And yes I can wait no problem. But should I ask what everyone is changing to and why?
Every one is changing to chin spoilers cause they are neater "thingies".
There was a group buy for a deal and now a raffle for two cool lower thingies.:D

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
changing to a chin spoiler, somthing many have wanted but couldnt justify the price, that was until 1dmccoy and firefighter put together a group buy, now it was in our price range. Buying it because it is Hotttttt looking on an allready Hot bike. there are many pics on the fourm im sure others will post thiers.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I need both thingies.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I need both thingies.
Ok so me and RUBZERK need the same thingies.

RUBZERK you will need a pic and a better attitude around here......laff

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
laff...OK I'm a little slow....I see we have a raffle now. *shakin head*.

You guys will probably rig it anyhow.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Better yet, just ask if anyone has a extra? then ask for there thingie, the guys here are nice, its all about helping each other out.:p

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I searched the net far and wide, and for the life of me and google images search, We couldn't secure a "thingie" sorry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
laff...OK I'm a little slow....I see we have a raffle now. *shakin head*.

You guys will probably rig it anyhow.[/QUOTE]

Lets see, a bunch of guys and one Blond and you think we would rig something? I am appalled. :joke:
What about the rest of you guys? Appalled right?
well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I NEVER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, LMAO,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1 - 20 of 91 Posts