M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for inexpensive, and great quality. Hook a brotha up! Online only.

·
Registered
775 Posts
not gonna comment on the "chaps".  hehe  (ok a little chuckle doesn't hurt anyone). but the leather jacket can be gotten on the directlineparts.com website.  they have some really nice ones for good prices.  also a website called newenough i've heard carries good stuff at good prices.
hehehe "chaps"  :evil:

·
Registered
161 Posts
You know, as much as I like cruiser style leather, I will never wear it again. It seems to be more about style than function so for me I would much rather stick with more sport, or sport touring type leather. It functions much better, has better venting, better liners, waterproof, and actually has CE armor in it. I don't think the cruiser clothing companies even know what armor is. But here are some sites that I prefer when buying all my gear.

www.tonker.com
www.newenough.com (already stated)
www.cyclegear.com

Dennis Kirk has a great selection but their prices are just stupid high, so I refuse to buy from them.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have nothing but good to say about http://www.realbikers.com

I've been QUITE happy with my leather jacket that I got there and $3.00 for half finger leather gloves in size XXXL is "NEVER" a bad thing!!!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Make sure those chaps have a seat in em. The seat on the 109 is black after all, and heats up in the sun pretty good... (he he he)
:joke:

·
Registered
360 Posts
I got mine at Wilson Leather . their prices seem lower than through a MC store .

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
2 places with great prices, and good service: www.leatherup.com and www.bransonwholesale.com

I bought my leather jacket from leather up and got a really nice jacket for under $100.

The Branson Wholesale had a package deal, vest, chaps, gloves, and do rag for $79. I didn't buy it, but a couple of the guys with me did and they seemed like very nice quality items.

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
HelmetTown said:
www.leatherup.com has some great deals. I got set up as a dealer so if there is anything there you need, let me know and I can see what price I can get for you.
PM me with your choices if interested.
Just had a bad experience with Leatherup.com folks...I ordered a leather racer jacket from them last week (Monday around 10:00 CST)...I tried to call their Customer Service number before I ordered and all I got was a busy signal everytime I tried the number...so I went ahead and went by their online size chart for their jackets when I ordered. Their chart says a 3XL fits someone who wears a suit jacket size 52-54. So that's the size I ordered online. I wear a a size 52 suit and a 2XL in Joe Rocket and other name brand jackets and they fit a little big but I like them that way. Anyway, I only got an e-mail confirming that I had placed my order on Monday. I hear nothing back via e-mail about a shipping date or a tracking #...so I call the Customer Service # on Thursday afternoon....after it was busy for most of the day I finally get through and was promptly put on hold for almost 20 mins. Well finally the guy gets back to me and looks up my order # and says it is in shipping mode now and says it should be at my house by Saturday. Well late Saturday afternoon I get the jacket from the Fed EX guy and open it up and try it on....WTF! It is so small it wouldn't even halfway meet in the front..no chance of ever getting it zipped up. I make sure it is the right size and the collar says 3XL. So today I call all morning trying to get someone from customer service to help me see if they know why the jacket is cut so small and why their size chart says their 3XL jackets will fit a person up to size 54 suit size?? Well after endless busy signals I finally get through..and was promptly put on hold AGAIN for about 15 mins. Finally the girl gets back to me and I tell her my problem with the jacket...she says well do you want a refund? I said...I just want to know why this is a 3XL jacket but it fits like an XL jacket and does she know if their size chart is wrong or some Chinese guy who made the damn thing was using a Hong Kong metric tape measure?? All she can tell me is that it only goes up to size 3XL and to ship it back if I want a refund. So now I'm out for the shipping plus have to waste my time shipping it back to them and it will probably take them six months to credit my credit card! :edit:

Since you said you are a dealer for them maybe you can explain to me why the size chart for this jacket is so off?? Did they have the same place make the jacket that makes the Suzuki 109 jackets as I heard they are cut really small?? The model # for the jacket off their website is: 9109 "Black X-Force Racer Motorcycle Jacket" .

Thanks for any help you can give me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts