M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today at mile 407 at QuikTrip gettin gas. "Oh it's a boulevard,You shoulda bought a Harley." All I could come up with was " I heard Harley was ready to launch their new division of Airplane engines. You ready to fly?" I got no response. BTW I love this bike. :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just say... You give me another $10,000 so I can get one and then we can both look at sitting in the repair shop.

G

·
This always works for me... always... just say "why?"

Works every time and the truth is only one time when someone said "pfffft why not" in front of his g/f... Then I proceeded to say "speed, braking, cost, handling, looks, ..you know stuff like that"

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I just tell them that "yeah, Harley makes some cute little bikes, but I wanted something with some POWER!".

Either that or just look at them and say "Baaaahhhhhhhh" you know, like a sheep. :p :D

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
ask if it's true that 90% of all Harleys made are still on the road today, and the other 10% made it home

·
Registered
552 Posts
Lol may hafta borrow soem of those myself havnt really ahd anyone dislike the bike just had a few say they cld get their harleys there just gonna cost em an extra 10k :eek:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
stuff like the above is common with people that don't know anything about bikes. some people just want to make conversation, and the word "harley" is all they know. that's all fine and dandy, and can usually tell where the folks are comin from. however, some of them want to seem knowledgable for some reason, and stick their foot in their mouth.

i had one teenager ask me "hey, is that a sportbike or a harley?". i could tell he was a good kid just tryin to make conversation, and didn't embarrass him. i've also had the guys ask what make it is, and after revealing it's made by suzuki, they tell me i should have bought a harley. these guys i embarrass.

·
Registered
775 Posts
i love using the term , " hybrid ". their eyes kinda glaze over like the meaning of life was just revealed and they missed it. i love that.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The last time someone said I should have bought a Harley. I responded by pointing out that I don't have road assistance or towing on my insurance policy so I had to buy the Suzuki. :doorag:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
walker_mufc said:
i told a guy; " the same reason i don't use body oils;Â feels kinda girly and leaves stains everywhere"
:a20: :clap2: :a18:

·
Registered
292 Posts
theres a guy at work who said that to me once......without thinking I said...I'd rather ride'em then work on'em....His head sunk down and he walked off without saying anything.....

G

·
BlkM109r said:
ask if it's true that 90% of all Harleys made are still on the road today, and the other 10% made it home
Nice one there Joe...

Harley bashing thead alert!!!!
:read: :read: :read:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Next time they say"is that a Harley",run over to your bike,look, and then say"Thank God! I thought you seen a big puddle of oil comming out of my bike! :D

·
Registered
814 Posts
Goadzilla said:
I just tell them When Harley makes a 1783 cc bike for 12 grand I might reconsider.
I love this one... I've used something similar before. But the truth is, I'll never REALLY reconsider. The M109 is the best of all worlds... Power, Style and Value. You can't argue with that.

·
Registered
77 Posts
"why?, Because I'm not ashamed that my bike has japanese/tiawan parts on it...."

1 - 20 of 56 Posts