M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday May 13, 2006 I attended an open house at Mission Motorsport in Irvine, CA and had the good fortune of meeting and talking to Mr. Kato, President of Suzuki Motorcycles. We talked about the leading edge technology and great new styling that was engineered into the M109R. I told him that I had purchased the M109R in Mesa, AZ and rode it home some 416 miles in about 7 hours. I told him I was an old guy and being a young man he could easily better that time but, I did stop for gas 3 times and a long lunch. The torque, horsepower and brakes on the M109R are wonderful and the styling is in keeping with the current crop of custom and extreme cruisers.  He asked what bikes I previously owned in the last 5 years and was surprised when I mentioned : FZ1, Valkyrie, Mean Streak, FJR1300 and HD Deuce. I asked him about a windscreen and he indicated that 2 windshields were being designed for the M109R and would be on the market this summer. He wanted to take a picture with me and my M109R which I tried to attach but it is 389KB and the max. size allowed is 128KB. If any of you are interested, email me and I'll send you the picture. He is a very intelligent, courteous, and friendly man unlike American chief executive officer's whose vanity is exceeded only by their hubris. We motorcyclists are fortunate to have a President like Mr. Kato who understands what the market place wants and has the leadership skills, abilities and courage to manufacture motorcycles with leading edge technology and great looks too.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
that's awesome! thanks for sharing the story. i'd love to know who the lead designer of the bike was, and invite them to the board here to see how much enthusiasm and joy their team has created.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
Did you tell him about this website? I am sure he could get a lot of input for accessories and improvements. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Dude, did you ask the guy the most IMPORTANT question? WHEN ARE THE ACCESSORIES COMING?

I think we've waited long enough. :verymad:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I did mention the M109R owners' website to both Mr. Kato and  Andy, the California General Manager, to whom I emailed the website link.

And yes, the new windshields, both a small and large (touring version) are scheduled for release the end of JUNE. Hope this answers your questions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks. I'm impulsive, but I think I can wait until the end of June for the sport windshield release. I just broke down and bought the Cortech Tri-Bag sport bike bag system and it works great. From the looks of the factory bags at the shows, I think I like the easily removeable Cortech design better for my occasional use.
Thanks again, your article really puts my mind at ease, because I wear a full helmet and I need that windshield at higher speeds. Bigwall

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Bigwall, please post a picture of your M109R with the Cortech bags. I and most probably many other owners' would like to see how they fix and how it changes the look of the bike. Thanks, Charleybrown.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mr. Wildwolf, you have great PC expertise. What software do you have that allows you to resize or crop or whatever you do? Thank you again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts